Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Judy Cornwell to Howard Da Silva
Clayton Corzatte Biography ((?)-)
Last name rhymes with "for what"; born in Fairhope, AL; son of William C. andGrace (Smith) Corzatte; married Susan Heinrich; children: Christopher, Felicity Katharine. Addresses: HOME--2520 11th Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119.
- STAGE DEBUT--Lachlan MacLachlan, The Hasty Heart, Barter Theatre, Abingdon, VA.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Ensign Pulver, Mr. Roberts, Eben, Desire Under the Elms, Richard, The Lady's Not for Burning, Covey, The Plough and the Stars, Sakini, Teahouse of theAugust Moon, and Harry the Hoofer, The Time of Your Life, all at the Cleveland Playhouse, OH.
- Romeo, Romeo and Juliet and Bing, Brother Rat, both at Arena Stage, Washington, DC.
- Oberon, A Midsummer Night's Dream and Feste, Twelfth Night, both at Antioch Shakespeare Festival, Yellow Springs, OH.
- Ariel, The Tempest, Sebastian, Twelfth Night, and Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream, all at the American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT.
- Feste, Twelfth Night, Mercutio, Romeo and Juliet, and Clarence, Richard III, all at the San Diego Shakespeare Festival, CA.
- With the Association of Producing Artists (APA)-Phoenix Repertory Theatre, New York City: Charles Surface, A School for Scandal, Folksbiene Theatre, then Lyceum Theatre.
- Aubrey Piper, The Show Off, Tony Kirby, You Can't Take It with You, Gregers Werle, The Wild Duck, Oswald, Ghosts, Constantine, The Seagull, Narrator,War and Peace.
- Also performed as the Duke, Measure for Measure, Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL; Vagabond, The Tavern, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre,WI; Cleante, The Miser and Kulygin, The Three Sisters, both at the Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN; Brian, A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, Mosca, Volpone, Walter, The Price, Tom Olley, Make and Break, and Polonius, Hamlet, all at the Seattle Repertory Theatre, WA; Sidney Bruhl, Deathtrap, and title role, Billy Bishop Goes to War, both with the Alaska Repertory Theatre; Hogan, A Moon for the Misbegotten, Pastor Manders, Ghosts, Professor, Bus Stop, and Yens, Vikings, all at the Intiman Theatre, Seattle, WA; Henry Carr, Travesties, title role, Quartermaine's Terms, professor, Angels Fall, and Her Father, The Fantasticks, allat A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream, national tour with the American Shakespeare Festival.
- Aubrey Piper, The Show Off, national tour with the APA-Phoenix RepertoryCompany.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Getting Married, Entertaining Mr. Sloan, Summertree, Misalliance, and TheTavern, all at the Seattle Repertory Theatre.
- Brighton Beach Memoirs, On Golden Pond, and The Fourposter, all with theAlaska Repertory Theatre.
- Whose Life Is It Anyway?, Butterflies Are Free, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Fridays, and Holy Ghosts, all at A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, Intiman Theatre, Seattle.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, Six Characters in Search of an Author, The Three Sisters, and Bus Stop, all at the University of Washington Professional Actor Training Program.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Prodigal, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1955.
- Cinderella Liberty, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, 1981.
Other articles you might like: