Thomas Walter Harris Biography (1930-)
Born April 30, 1930, in Bronx, NY; son of Melvin (an owner of a transport taxi) and Mary (a homemaker) Harris; married Joyce Carter (a teacher), December,1956. Addresses: Home--Los Angeles, CA. Office--630 West Fifth St., Los Angeles, CA 90071.
- Birth Details
- April 30, 1930
- Bronx, New York, United States
- Credits; Radio Appearances
- Voice of America, 1953-55.
- Performed in the play Hometown U.S.A.
- Writings;Stage Plays
- A Number One Family (one act), 1956.
- Pray for Daniel Adams (one act), 1958.
- Daddy Hugs and Kisses, Theatre West, 1960.
- The Relic, Studio West, Actor's Studio, and UCLA, 1961.
- The Selma Maid, Studio West, 1967.
- Golden Spear (one act), 1969.
- The Solution, Actor's Studio, 1970, revised as Model City, 1991.
- Mary Queen of Crackers, Actor's Studio, 1971.
- Suds, Actor's Studio, 1973.
- A Streetcar Salad, Los Angeles Citizens Company, Los Angeles, 1979.
- Suds as Clothespins and Dreams (musical), Pasadena Civic Theatre, Pasadena, CA, 1990.
- Other plays include Fall of an Iron Horse, All Tigers Are Tame, City Beneath the Skin, Who Killed Sweetie?, Beverly Hills Olympics, At Wits End, The Man Handlers. Some plays published in New American Plays, volume three.
- Writings; Television Scripts
- Writer for M Squad, I Spy, Rin Tin Tin, and The Junkyard.
- Writings; Film Scripts
- Script doctor for numerous films, including When I Grow Up, Man Made Angry, Desert Killing, The Ally, The Guardian, Street Heat, Then Came the Winter,The Brothers, The Voice, and The Old Black Gun.
- Writings; Radio Scripts
- Writer for the radio show Voice of America, 1953-55.
- Writings; Other
- Always with Love, Hill & Wang (New York City), 1970.
- No Time to Play, Acrobat Books (Los Angeles, CA), 1977.
- Author of the novels When I Grow Up and The Little Dude. Author of shortstories. Some writings appear under the name Tom Harris and the pseudonym T.H. Darling. Also collector and editor of The Audrey Skirball-Kenis Theatre Collection (play collection of produced by unpublished plays in Southern California), 1995.
- Black Writers, Gale (Detroit, MI), 1989.
- Contemporary Authors, Volume 141, Gale, 1994.
- Who's Who Among Black Americans, Gale, 1996.