Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Helen Reddy Biography (1942-)
Born October 25, 1942, in Melbourne, Australia; daughter of Max (a producer,actor, and writer) and Stella (an actress; maiden name, Lamond) Reddy; married first husband, Jeff Wald (an agent), November 1, 1966 (divorced); married third husband, Milton Ruth (a drummer); children: (first marriage) Traci, Jordan. Addresses: PUBLICIST--c/o Dale Olson, Dale C. Olson & Associates, 292 S. La Cienega Boulevard, Suite 315, Beverly Hills, CA 90211-3305.
- Birth Details
- October 25, 1942
- Melbourne, Australia
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Host, Helen Reddy Sings, Australian, 1960.
- host, The Helen Reddy Show, NBC, 1973.
- host, The Midnight Special, NBC, 1975-76.
- David Frost Show, NBC.
- Flip Wilson Show, NBC.
- Mike Douglas Show, syndicated.
- Tonight Show, NBC.
- Mac Davis Show, NBC.
- guest host, Merv Griffin Show, syndicated.
- Sesame Street, PBS.
- The Muppet Show, syndicated.
- FILM DEBUT--Airport '75, Universal, 1975.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Pete's Dragon, Buena Vista, 1977.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Reno Sweeny, Anything Goes, Sacramento Music Circus, Sacramento, CA, 1986, then Long Beach Civic Light Opera, Long Beach, CA, 1987.
- Also appeared as Mrs. Sally Adams, Call Me Madam.
- Love Song for Jeffrey, Free & Easy, No Way to Treat a Lady, Music Music, I Am Woman, Long Hard Climb, Imagination, Lust for Life, Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits, others.
- "I Don't Know How to Love Him," Capitol, 1971.
- "Crazy Love," Capitol, 1971.
- "I Am Woman," Capitol, 1972.
- "Peaceful," Capitol, 1973.
- "Ruby," Capitol, 1973.
- "Delta Dawn," Capitol, 1973.
- "Leave Me Alone," Capitol, 1973.
- "Keep on Singing," Capitol, 1974.
- "You and Me Against the World," Capitol, 1974.
- "You're My World," Capitol, 1977.
- Also "Angie Baby" and others.
- (With Ray Burton) "I Am Woman," 1971.