Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Roy Poole Biography (1924-)
Addresses: Agent: Don Buchwald Associates, 10 E. 44th Street, New York, NY, 10024.
- Birth Details
- March 31, 1924
- San Bernardino, California
- Professor Scallop, The Dark House, San Bernardino High School, CA,1939.
New York Debut
- Jean and 1st Ecuadorian Indian, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, Broadhurst, 1949.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Various roles, Under Milkwood, Kaufmann Auditorium, NY, 1953; Messenger, Cretan Woman, Provincetown Playhouse, NY, 1954; Mr. Sterling, Clandestine Marriage, Provincetown Playhouse, NY, 1954; Tremouille, St. Joan, NY, 1956; O'Dempsey, Purple Dust, Cherry Lane, NY, 1956; various roles, I Knock at the Door, Belasco, NY, 1957; Macbeth, Macbeth, Shakespeare in the Park, NYSF, 1957; Prisoner A, Quare Fellow, Circle in the Square, NY, 1958; David Bowman, Flowering Cherry, Lyceum, NY, 1959; Ray Knox, Face of a Hero, O'Neill, NY, 1960; Chief of Police, The Balcony, Circle in the Square, NY, 1960; Dobelle,Moon in the Yellow River, East End, NY, 1961; Starbuck, Moby Dick, Barrymore, NY, 1962; the Baron, Witches Sabbath, Madison Avenue Playhouse, NY, 1962;
- Gloucester, King Lear, Shakespeare in the Park, NYSF, 1962; Julian/Danton, Poor Bitos, Cort, NY, 1964; Kent, King Lear, AmericanShakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1965; Stephen Hopkins, 1776, 46thStreet, NY, 1969; Seth Petersen, Scratch, St. James, NY, 1971; Ben, Death of a Salesman, Circle in the Square, NY, 1975; Jake, 27 Wagonsful of Cotton, Phoenix, NY, 1976; Gus, A Memory of Two Mondays, Phoenix, NY, 1976; General Randolph, Secret Service, Phoenix, NY, 1976;C. F. Friday, Boy Meets Girl, Phoenix, NY, 1976; Dan McCorn, Broadway, Wilbur, Boston, MA, 1978; Krapp, Krapp's Last Tape, Pittsburgh Public, 1979; Father Mullarkey, Once a Catholic, Helen Hayes, NY,1979; Harding, The Villager, Lion, NY, 1981; Eddie Loomis, Quartermaine's Terms, Playhouse 91, NY, 1983.
- Leroy, The Bad Seed, national tour, 1954-55; Jamie, Long Day's Journey Into Night, national tour, 1957-58.
- Owen Bradley, Experiment in Terror, 1961.
Principal Film Appearances
- McHabe, Up the Down Staircase, 1965; editor, Gaily, Gaily,1967; union boss, Sometimes a Great Notion, 1970; doctor, Mandingo, 1975; union lawyer, Network, 1976; doctor, Brubaker, 1976;John Duncan, The Betsy, 1977; doctor, Awakening of Edna, 1980;lawyer, A Stranger Is Watching, 1981.
- Bit player, Kay Kyser's Kollege of Musical Knowledge, 1948.
Principal Television Appearances
- Co-Star, The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, Carl Sandburg's Lincoln, The Andros Targets, The Winds of War; guest appearances--The Guiding Light, Search for Tomorrow, Ryan's Hope, Edge of Night, Another World, Somerset, A Time for Us, Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, One Life to Live, Where the Heart Is.
Other articles you might like: