Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
William Dudley to Gilbert Ernotte
William Dudley Biography (1947-)
Born March 4, 1947, in London, England; son of William Stuart and Dorothy Irene Dudley. Addresses: HOME--58 Earlswood Road, London SE10, England.
- Birth Details
- March 4, 1947
- London, England
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; ALL AS DESIGNER
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Designer, Hamlet, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham, U.K., 1970.
- Rooted, Magnificence, Sweet Talk, The Merry-Go-Round, all Royal Court Theatre, London, 1973.
- Anarchist Tyger, The Duchess of Malfi, Man Is Man, Cato Street, The Good-Natured Man, all National Theatre, London, 1974.
- Fish in the Sea, The Fool, both Royal Court Theatre, 1975.
- As You Like It, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham, U.K., 1975, then Riverside Studios, London, 1976.
- Small Change, Royal Court Theatre, 1976.
- Ivanov, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1976.
- The Cherry Orchard, Riverside Studios, 1977.
- That Good Between Us, Warehouse Theatre, London, 1977.
- Lavender Blue, National Theatre, London, 1977.
- Touched, Old Vic Theatre, London, 1977.
- The World Turned Upside Down, Has Washington Legs?, both National Theatre, 1978.
- (also lighting designer) Lark Rise and Lost Worlds, both National Theatre, 1978.
- Dispatches, Candleford, both National Theatre, 1979.
- Undiscovered Country, Olivier Theatre, London, 1979.
- Billy Budd (opera), Metropolitan Opera House, New York City, 1978.
- Also designed Live Like Pigs, I, Claudius, and The Baker, the Baker's Wife and the Baker's Boy, all Newcastle, Scotland, U.K., 1972; Ashes, The Corn Is Green, both Watford, U.K., 1974; Twelfth Night, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1974; The Norman Conquests, Berlin, 1976; Harding's Luck, 1974.
Other articles you might like: