Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Rachel Luttrell to Robert Markowitz
John Bard Manulis Biography (1956-)
Addresses: Home: 511 W. 20th Street, New York, NY, 10011; Office: Nederlander Television Productions, 1650 Broadway, New York, NY, 10019.
"I entered college as a pre-med with a love of working with people, emerged with a passion for theatre and a love of working with people. Have a fascination with humanity, our repetitive evolution and our methods. Love sports and comedy, can struggle through French. I am deeply indebted to Marshall W. Masonand Circle Repertory Company as artistic and professional mentors."
- director, producer
First Stage Work
- Assistant Stage Manager: Twelfth Night, The Butler Did It, SerenadingLouie, After the Season, Academy Festival Theatre, Lake Forest, IL, 1978season.
New York Debut
- Directed--The Deserter, Circle Repertory Company, 1979.
Principal Stage Work
- Directed--Seduction Duet, Circle Repertory Company, NY, 1981, Foxtrot By the Bay, Circle Repertory Company and White Barn, CT, 1982, The Great Grandson of Jedediah Kohler, Circle Repertory Company, 1982; Assistant Director--The Suicide, NY, 1981, Fifth of July, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 1981, Talley's Folly, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 1981, A Tale Told, Circle Repertory Company, NY, 1982.
Principal Film Work
- Production Assistant--All the President's Men, 1975.
Principal Television Work
- Executive Producer--The Comedy Zone, 1984.
- Assistant to Marshall W. Mason, Circle Repertory Company, New York, NY, 1978-80; Casting Director, Circle Repertory Company, New York, NY, 1980-82.