Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brigitte Nielsen to Bill Owen
Kim Novak Biography (1933-)
Original name, Marilyn Pauline Novak; born February 13, 1933, in Chicago, IL;daughter of Joseph A. and Blanche (Kral) Novak; married Richard Johnson (anactor), April, 1965 (divorced, 1966); married Robert Malloy (a doctor), January, 1978. Addresses: Manager--Susan Cameron Enterprises, 29-1/2 Mast St., Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.
- Birth Details
- February 13, 1933
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
Credits; Film Appearances
- (Film debut; as Marilyn Novak) Model, The French Line, RKO Radio Pictures, 1954.
- Janis, Phfft!, Columbia, 1954.
- Lona McLane, Pushover, Columbia, 1954.
- Molly, The Man with the Golden Arm, United Artists (UA), 1955.
- Raider, Son of Sinbad (also known as Nights in a Harem), RKO Radio Pictures, 1955.
- Kay Greylek, Five against the House, Columbia, 1955.
- Madge Owens, Picnic, Columbia, 1956.
- Marjorie Oelrichs, The Eddie Duchin Story, Columbia, 1956.
- Title role, Jeanne Eagels, Columbia, 1957.
- Linda English, Pal Joey, Columbia, 1957.
- Gillian Holroyd, Bell, Book, and Candle, Columbia, 1958.
- Madeleine Elster and Judy Barton, Vertigo, Paramount, 1958.
- Betty Preisser, Middle of the Night, Columbia, 1959.
- Herself, Pepe, Columbia, 1960.
- Maggie Gault, Strangers When We Meet, Columbia, 1960.
- Cathy, Boys' Night Out, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1962.
- Carlye Hardwicke, The Notorious Landlady, Columbia, 1962.
- Polly the Pistol, Kiss Me, Stupid, Lopert, 1964.
- Mildred Rogers, Of Human Bondage, MGM, 1964.
- Title role, The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders, Paramount, 1965.
- Lylah Clare and Elsa Brinkmann, The Legend of Lylah Clare, MGM, 1968.
- Lyda Kabanov, The Great Bank Robbery, Warner Bros., 1969.
- Auriol Pageant, "Luau," Tales That Witness Madness, Paramount, 1973.
- Poker Jenny Shermerhorn, The White Buffalo (also known as Hunt to Kill),UA, 1977.
- Helga, Just a Gigolo, UA, 1979.
- Lola Brewster, The Mirror Crack'd, Associated Film Distribution, 1980.
- Mrs. Anderssen, Liebestraum, MGM/Pathe, 1991.
- Rose Sellars, The Children, Hemdale Home Video, 1992.
- Appeared in the films Die Vollkommene Bedeutungslosigkeit der Frau fur die Musikgeschichete, 1987, and Es Hat Mich Sehr Gefreut, 1987; also appeared in the short film The Celebrity Art Portfolio, 1974.
Credits; Film Work
- Costume designer (with Elizabeth Courtney), The Notorious Landlady, Columbia, 1962.
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Kit Marlowe, Falcon Crest, CBS, 1986-87.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Person to Person, CBS, 1955.
- "The Louella Parsons Story," Climax, CBS, 1956.
- Person to Person, CBS, 1960.
- "Rita Hayworth: Dancing into the Dream," Crazy about the Movies, Cinemax,1991.
Credits; Other Television Appearances
- "A Kiss for the Lieutenant," Light's Diamond Jubilee (special), ABC, CBS,DuMont, and NBC, 1954.
- The Bob Hope Show (special), NBC, 1956.
- Gloria Joyce, The Third Girl from the Left (movie), ABC, 1973.
- Eva, Satan's Triangle (movie), ABC, 1975.
- Billie Farnsworth, Malibu (pilot), ABC, 1983.
- Rosa, "Man from the South," Alfred Hitchcock Presents (special), NBC, 1985.
- The 61st Annual Academy Awards Presentation (special), ABC, 1989.
- Appeared in the documentary special This Land Is Mine, 1970.
Other articles you might like: