Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Patrick Clarke to Charlotte Cornwell
Luigi Comencini Biography (1916-)
Born June 8, 1916, in Salo, Italy.
- Birth Details
- June 8, 1916
- Salo, Italy
- FILM WORK; DIRECTOR,EXCEPT AS NOTED Persiane chiuse (also known as BehindClosed Shutters), Lux, 1952.
- Bread, Love, and Dreams (also see below), IFC, 1953.
- Heidi, United Artists, 1954.
- Pane amore e gelosia (also known as Frisky and Bread, Love, and Jealousy), DCA, 1955.
- Il segno di Venere (also known as The Sign of Venus; also see below), Gala/Titanus, 1955.
- Tutti a casa (also known as La grande pagaille and Everybody Go Home!; also see below), Davis Royal, 1962.
- La ragazza di Bube (also known as Bebo's Girl; also see below), Lux/Uhra/Vides, 1964.
- "Il trattato di eugenetica" (also known as "Treatise in Eugenics"), Bambole! (also known as Le bambole and Four Kinds of Love: The Dolls), Columbia, 1965.
- Six Days a Week (also known as Le partager de Catherine, Lu bugiarda, andLa Mentirosa; also see below), Atlantic, 1966.
- Italian Secret Service (also see below), Cineriz, 1968.
- "Fatebenefratelli," Three Nights of Love (also known as Tre notti d'amore; also see below), Magna, 1969.
- Scientific Cardplayer (also known as Lo scopone scientifico), CIC, 1972.
- Delitto d'amore (also known as Somewhere Beyond Love; also see below), Titanus, 1974.
- La Donna della domenica (also known as Sunday Woman), Fox Europa, 1976.
- "L'ascensore," Quelle strane occasioni (also known as Strange Events), Fox Europa, 1976.
- (Two episodes) Signore e signori, buonanotte (also known as Goodnight, Ladies and Gentlemen; also see below), Titanus, 1977.
- Il Gatto (also known as The Cat), United Artists, 1978.
- Till Marriage Do Us Part (also known as Mio Dio, come sono caduta in basso and How Low Can You Fall; also see below), Franklin Media, 1979.
- Le Grand embouteillage (also known as L'Ingorgo, Bottleneck, and TrafficJam; also see below), CineTel/Titanus, 1979.
- (Also art director and costume designer) Eugenio (also known as Voltati Eugenio; also see below), Intercontinental/Films du Losange, 1980.
- Cercasi Gesu (also known as Jesus Wanted), Intercontinental, 1982.
- La storia, Sacis/MK2/Diffusion, 1986.
- Un ragazzo di calabria (also known as A Boy from Calabria), Sacis International, 1987.
- (Also producer) La Boheme (also see below), Union Generale cinematographique/New Yorker/Electric, 1987.
- Buon Natale, Buon Anno (also known a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Joyeux Noel, and Bonne Annee; also see below), Titanus/Belga/AFMD, 1989.
- Also director of La Novelletta (short film), 1937; Bambini in citta (short film), 1946; Il museo dei sogni (short film), 1948; L'ospedale del delitto(short film), 1948; Probita rubara, 1948; L'imperatore di Capri, 1949; La tratta della bianche (also known as Girls Marked for Danger; also see below), 1952; La bella di Roma (also see below), 1955; La finestra sul Luna Park (alsosee below), 1956; Mariti in citta (also see below), 1957; Mogli pericolose (also see below), 1958; Und das am Montagmorgen (also see below), 1959; A cavallo della tigre (also see below), 1961; Il commissario, 1962; Il compagno DonCamillo, 1964; Senza sapere niente di lei (also see below), 1969; Infanzia vocazione e prime esperienze di Giacomo Casanova veneziano (also see below), 1969; Le avventure di Pinocchio (also see below), 1971; Educazione civica (short film), 1974; La Goduria (also see below), 1976; Vasata che non i sappia ingiro, 1976; L'ingorgo, una Tra moglie e marito, 1977; "L'equivoco," Storia impossibile (also see below), 1979; and Voltati Andrea, 1979.
Credits; TELEVISION DIRECTOR
- Il matrimonio di Caterina (also known as Catherine's Wedding), RAI-TV Channel 3, 1982.
- Cuore (also known as Heart; also see below), RAI-TV Channel 2, 1984.
- Also directed I bambini e noi, 1970, and L'amore in Italia, 1978.
- Bread, Love, and Dreams, IFC, 1953.
- (With Franca Valeri, Agenore Incrucci, Ennio Flaino, and Cesare Zavattini) Il segno di Venere, Gala/Titanus, 1955.
- (With Marcello Fondato) Tutti a casa, Davis Royal, 1962.
- (With Fondato) La ragazza di Bube, Lux/Uhra/Vides, 1964.
- (With Fondato) Six Days a Week, Atlantic, 1966.
- Italian Secret Service, Cineriz, 1968.
- (With others) "Fatebenefratelli," Tre notti d'amore, Magna, 1969.
- (With others) Delitto d'amore, Titanus, 1974.
- (With Agel Scarpelli, Leo Benvenuti, Piero De Bernard, Nanni Loy, RuggeroMaccari, Luigi Magni, Mario Monicelli, Ugo Pirro, and Ettore Scola) Signoree signori, buonanotte, Titanus, 1977.
- (With Cristina Comencini, Rafaella Festa, and Paola Comencini) Buon Natale, Buon Anno, Titanus/BElga/AFMD, 1989.
Other articles you might like: