Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Zohra Lampert Biography (1937-)
Born May 13, 1937, in New York, NY; daughter of Morris (an ironworker and architect) and Rachil (a hatmaker and draper; maiden name, Eriss) Lampert. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Sheila Robinson, International Creative Management, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
Zohra Lampert's early stage name was Zohra Alton. She began using the name Lampert in 1956 in the production of Major Barbara at the Morosco Theatre. Heruncle, Samuel Iris, was an actor.
- Birth Details
- May 13, 1937
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- STAGE DEBUT--Conchita, Dancing in the Chequered Shade, McCarter Theatre,Princeton, NJ, 1955.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Venice Preserv'd, Phoenix Theatre Company, 1955-56.
- Mashenka, Diary of a Scoundrel, Phoenix Theatre Company, New York City, 1956.
- Maid to Lady Britomart, Major Barbara, Morosco Theatre, New York City, 1956, later portrayed Rummy Michens in the same production.
- Adele, Maybe Tuesday, Playhouse Theatre, New York City, 1958.
- Jennifer Lewison, Look: We've Come Through, Hudson Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Illyona, First Love, Morosco Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- member of the Second City troupe, Square East, New York City, 1962- 63.
- Kattrin, Mother Courage and Her Children, Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1963.
- Felice, After the Fall and Princess Jukachin, Marco Millions, both Lincoln Center Repertory Company, American National Theatre Association, WashingtonSquare East Theatre, New York City, 1964.
- Rachel, Nathan Weinstein, Mystic, Connecticut, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1966.
- Jane, The Natural Look, Longacre Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- Brenda, Lovers and Other Strangers, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Iris, The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window, Longacre Theatre, New York City, 1972.
- Joan, Drinks Before Dinner, Mitzi E. Newhouse Theatre, Lincoln Center, New York City, 1978-79.
- Mother, Gifted Children, Jewish Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Annie, My Poppa's Wine, South Street Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- Mrs. Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank, American Stage Theatre, Teaneck, NJ,1987.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- FILM DEBUT--Pay or Die, 1960.
- Angelina, Splendor in the Grass, Warner Brothers, 1961.
- A Fine Madness, Warner Brothers, 1966.
- Bye Bye Braverman, Warner Brothers, 1968.
- Jessica, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Paramount, 1971.
- Alphabet City, Atlantic Releasing, 1984.
- The Cafeteria, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Ellie, Where the Heart Is, 1970-71.
- Anne, The Girl with Something Extra, NBC, 1973-74.
- Dr. Norah Purcell, Doctors' Hospital, NBC, 1975-76.
- Jenny, Better Luck Next Time, London, ITV, 1964.
- The F.B.I., ABC, 1970.
- Love, American Style, ABC, 1972-73.
- Janine, The Bob Newhart Show, CBS, 1973.
- Also, Doctor Kildare, NBC; The Defenders, CBS; Sam Benedict,NBC; Alfred Hitchcock Presents, NBC.
- Hannah, The Connection, 1972.
- Esther, Izzy & Moe, 1985.
- Leonard Bernstein's "Carmen," Omnibus, PBS.
Other articles you might like: