Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Arthur Hailey Biography (1920-)
Born April 5, 1920, in Luton, England; emigrated to Canada, 1947, naturalizedCanadian citizen, 1952; son of George Wellington (a factory shopkeeper) andElsie Mary (Wright) Hailey; married Joan Fishwick, 1944 (divorced, 1950); married Sheila Dunlop, July 28, 1951; children: Roger, John, Mark (first marriage); Steven, Jane, Diane (second marriage). Addresses: HOME--Lyford Cay, P.O. Box N-7776, Nassau, Bahamas. OFFICE--Seaway Authors, Ltd., One Place Ville Marie, Suite 1609, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3B 2B6.
- Birth Details
- April 5, 1920
- Luton, England
- "Flight into Danger," 1956.
- "No Deadly Medicine," 1957.
- "Course for Collision," 1962.
- Also "The Troubled Heart," "Diary of a Nurse," and "Time Lock" plus numerous others as episodes of Westinghouse Studio One, CBS, Playhouse 90, CBS, Kraft Television Theatre, ABC, and U.S. Steel Hour.
- Time Lock, Romulus, 1959.
- (with Hall Bartlett and John Champion) Zero Hour!, Paramount, 1957.
- (with Joseph Hayes) The Young Doctors, United Artists, 1961.
- OTHER; ALL PUBLISHED BY DOUBLEDAY,UNLESS INDICATED (With John Castle) Runway Zero Eight (novel), 1959.
- The Final Diagnosis (novel), 1959.
- Close-Up on Writing for Television (anthology), 1960.
- In High Places (novel), 1962.
- Hotel (novel), 1965.
- Airport (novel), 1968.
- Wheels (novel), 1971.
- The Moneychangers (novel), 1975.
- Overload (novel), 1979.
- Strong Medicine (novel), 1984.
Other articles you might like: