Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Louisa Burns-Bisogno to Jason Carter
Carmen Capalbo Biography (1925-)
Addresses: Office: c/o Floria Lasky, Fitelson, Lasky, Aslan and Couture, 551 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, 10176; Agent: c/o Bruce Savan, Agency forthe Performing Arts, 888 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY, 10106.
- director, producer, writer, theater operator
- Birth Details
- November 1, 1925
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Jester, The Forest Prince, William Penn High School, Harrisburg, PA.
Principal Stage Work
- Producer (with Leo Lieberman)/director, Juno and the Paycock, Cherry Lane, NY, 1946; producer/actor, Awake and Sing, Cherry Lane, NY, 1946; producer, Dear Brutus, Cherry Lane, NY, 1946; producer/director, Shadow and Substance, Cherry Lane, NY, 1946; stage manager, Emlyn Williams as Charles Dickens, John Golden, NY, 1952, Bijou, NY, 1953; production stage manager, Jean-Louis Barrault-Madeleine Renaud Company, Ziegfeld, NY, 1952; producer (with Stanley Chase), The Threepenny Opera, Theater de Lys, NY, 1954, 1955, Marines Memorial, San Francisco, CA, 1960, Music Box, Los Angeles, CA, 1960, Royal Alexandra, Toronto, Canada, 1961; producer (with Stanley Chase)/director, The Potting Shed, Bijou, NY, 1957, A Moon for the Misbegotten, The Cave Dwellers, Bijou, NY, 1957; director, The Good Soldier Schweik, City Center, NY, 1958; director/co-producer, The Threepenny Opera, Paper Mill Playhouse, Milburn, NJ, 1961; director, Seidman and Son, Belasco, NY, 1962; director, The Strangers, Westport Country Playhouse, CT, 1963; director, Enter Solly Gold,Paramus Playhouse, NJ, 1965; director/co-producer, The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny, Anderson, NY, 1970; director, Slowly, by Thy Hand Unfurled, ESIPA, Albany, NY, 1984.
- Director, A Connecticut Yankee, 1951; stage manager, Emlyn Williams as Charles Dickens, 1952.
Principal Television and Radio Work
- Writer/director/producer, WKBO, Harrisburg, PA, 1941-45; story editor, Studio One, 1951-52; director, Play of the Week, "The Power and the Glory," 1959.
- Theater Operator--Cherry Lane, NY, 1946; Theater de Lys, NY, 1955-62; Bijou, NY, 1956-57; Music Box, Los Angeles, CA, 1960; Anderson, NY, 1969-70. Television Consultant--Central Independent Television, United Kingdom, 1983.
Other articles you might like: