Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Cleavon Little Biography (1939-)
Born June 1, 1939, in Chickasha, OK; son of Malachi (a gardener) and DeEtta (Jones) Little; married Valerie Wiggins, February 19, 1972 (divorced, 1974). Addresses: AGENT--Jack Fields Agency, 9255 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90069; William Morris Agency, 151 El Camino Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
- Birth Details
- June 1, 1939
- Chickasha, Oklahoma, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- What's So Bad About Feeling Good, Universal, 1968.
- Cotton Comes to Harlem, United Artists, 1970.
- Vanishing Point, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1971.
- Blazing Saddles, Warner Brothers, 1974.
- Greased Lightning, Warner Brothers, 1977.
- FM, Universal, 1978.
- Scavenger Hunt, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1979.
- High Risk, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1981.
- Jimmy the Kid, Zephyr, 1982.
- Once Bitten, Samuel Goldwyn Company, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Regular, The David Frost Revue, syndicated, 1971-73.
- Jerry Noland, Temperature's Rising, ABC, 1972-74.
- "Uptown Saturday Night," Comedy Theatre, NBC, 1981.
- All in the Family, CBS.
- Felony Squad, ABC.
- Loveboat, ABC.
- Mr. Dugan, CBS.
- The Homecoming--A Christmas Story, CBS, 1971.
- The Brothers Grimm, 1977.
- Don't Look Back, 1981.
- Also The Day the Earth Moved.
- STAGE DEBUT--A Raisin in the Sun, Globe Theatre, San Diego, CA.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Americana, American National Theatre Academy (ANTA) matinee series, Theatre de Lys, January 8, 1966.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- The Skin of Our Teeth, La Jolla Playhouse, CA.
- Macbeth, New York Shakespeare Festival (NYSF), Mobile Theatre, 1966.
- Muslim Witch and a conspirator, MacBird!, Village Gate Theatre, New YorkCity, 1967.
- Foxtrot, Scuba Duba, New Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- title role, Hamlet, NYSF, Mobile Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Lee Haines, Jimmy Shine, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Paul Odum, Someone's Comin' Hungry, Pocket Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Rufus, The Ofay Watcher, Stage 73 Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Father Xavier, Kumaliza, The Other Stage Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Title role, Purlie, Broadway Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Shogo, Narrow Road to the Deep North, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New York City, 1972.
- title role, The Great Macdaddy, with the Negro Ensemble Company, St. Mark's Playhouse, 1974.
- Corpie, The Charlatan, Mark Taper Forum Theatre, Los Angeles, 1974.
- Lewis, All Over Town, Booth Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- Willy Stepp, The Poison Tree, Ambassador Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Narrator, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Brooklyn AcademyTheatre, New York City, 1976.
- Same Time Next Year, 1977.
- Oberon, A Midsummer Night's Dream, with the Los Angeles Shakespeare Festival, 1978.
- Simon Able, Sly Fox, San Diego production, 1978.
- Lester Young, The Resurrection of Lady Lester, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1981.
- Meadowlark Rachel Warner, Two Fish in the Sky, Theatre at St.
- Peter's Church, New York City, 1982.
- title role, Keyboard, with the Henry Street Settlement, Louis Abrons Artsfor Living Center, New York City, 1982.
- Midge, I'm Not Rappaport, Seattle Repertory Theatre, WA, 1985, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1985, and Booth Theatre, New York City, 1986.
Other articles you might like: