Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Mario Bava Biography (1914-)
Born July 31, 1914, in San Remo, Italy; son of a sculptor.
- Birth Details
- July 31, 1914
- San Remo, Italy
Credits; FILM WORK
- Cinematographer, L'elisir d'amore (also known as This Wine of Love), Superfilm, 1948.
- cinematographer, The Taming of Dorothy (also known as Her Favourite Husband), Eagle-Lion/United Artists, 1955.
- cinematographer, The Devil's Commandment (also known as I vampiri and Lust of the Vampires), RCIP, 1956.
- cinematographer, Mio figlio Nerone (also known as Nero's Mistress, Nero'sBig Weekend, and My Son Nero), 1956, released in the United States by Art Films/Manhattan Films International, 1962.
- cinematographer, La morte viene dalla spazio (also known as The Day the Sky Exploded, Le Danger vient de l'espace, and Death from Outer Space), 1958,released in the United States by Excelsior, 1961.
- director (as John Foan) and cinematographer, Caltiki, the Immortal Monster (also known as Caltiki, il monstro immortale), Allied Artists, 1959.
- cinematographer, La tatiche de Ercole (also known as Hercules), Embassy/Warner Brothers, 1959.
- cinematographer (with Franco Vodopivec), Agi Murad, il diavolo bianco (also known as The White Warrior and Beli Djavo), 1959, released in the United States by Warner Brothers, 1961.
- Cinematographer, Esther and the King, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1960.
- cinematographer, The Giant of Marathon, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1960.
- cinematographer, Ercole e la regina lidia (also known as Hercules Unchained), Warner Brothers/Embassy, 1960.
- producer, director, cinematographer (with Ubaldo Terzano), and art director (with Giorgio Giovannini), La maschera del demonio (also known as Black Sunday), 1960, released in the United States by American International, 1961.
- producer, Atom Age Vampire, Topaz, 1961.
- second unit director, The Wonders of Aladdin (also known as Le meravigliedi Aladino), MGM, 1961.
- director and cinematographer (with Terzano), Gli invasori (also known asErik the Conquerer, La Ruee des Vikings, and Fury of the Vikings), 1961, released in the United States by American International, 1963.
- director and cinematographer, Ercole al centro della terra (also known asHercules in the Haunted World), 1961, released in the United States by Woolner Brothers, 1964.
- director, I tre volti della paura (also known as Black Sabbath), 1963, released in the United States by American International, 1964.
- director and cinematographer, La regazza che sapeva troppo (also known asEvil Eye), 1963, released in the United States by American International, 1964.
- director (as John M. Old), La frusta e il corpo (also known as What! andNight Is the Phantom), 1963, released in the United States by Futuramic Releasing Organization, 1965.
- director, Sei donne per l'assassino (also known as Blood and Black Lace,Six femmes pour l'assassin, and Blutige Seide), 1964, released in the UnitedStates by Allied Artists/Woolner Brothers, 1965.
- Director, Planet of the Vampires (also known as Terrore nello spazio, Terror en el espacio, Planet of Blood, and Demon Planet), American International, 1965.
- director (as John M. Old), La strada per Fort Alamo (also known as Arizona Bill and The Road to Fort Alamo), 1965, released in the United States by World Entertainment, 1966.
- director, Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs (also known as Le spie vengonodal semifreddo and I due mafiosi dell'F.B.I.), American International, 1966.
- director, Kill Baby Kill (also known as Operazione paura and Curse of theLiving Dead), Europix Consolidated, 1966.
- director (as John Hold), I coltelli del vendicatore (also known as Knivesof the Avenger and Raffica di coltelli), 1967, released in the United Statesby World Entertainment, 1968.
- director, Danger: Diabolik (also known as Diabolik and Danger Diabolik),Paramount, 1968.
- director, Hatchet for a Honeymoon (also known as Una hacka para la luna de miel, Il roso segno della pollias, and Blood Brides), G.G.P., 1969.
- Director, Quante volte ... quella notte (also known as How Often ...
- That Night?), Delfina Cinematografica, 1971.
- director and cinematographer, Antefatto (also known as Twitch of the Death Nerve, Before the Fact--The Ecology of a Crime, Bloodbath, and Last House on the Left, Part II), New Realm Distributors, 1971.
- director, Baron Blood (also known as Gli orrori del castello de Norimberga), American International, 1972.
- special effects coordinator, Moses, AVCO-Embassy, 1976.
- director and cinematographer, Beyond the Door II (also known as Shock), Film Ventures, 1979.
- special effects coordinator, Inferno, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1980.
- Also directed Roy Colt e Winchester Jack, 1970; Reazione a catena, 1973;Il diavolo e il morto, 1974; Baby Kong, 1977; La venere dell'ille, 1979.
- TELEVISION WORK; MINI-SERIES Special effects coordinator, Moses--The Lawgiver, CBS, 1975.
- See production details above.
- (With Ennio De Concini, Marion Serandrei, and Marcello Coscia) La maschera del demonio, 1960.
- (with Oreste Biancoli and Piero Peirotti) Gli invasori, 1961.
- (with Alessandro Continenza, Duccio Tessari, and Franco Prosperi) Ercoleal centro della terra, 1961.
- (with Marcello Fondato and Alberto Bevilacqua) I tre volti della paura, 1963.
- (with De Concini, Prosperi, Eliana De Sabata, Enzo Corbucci, and Mino Guerrini) La regazza che sapeva troppo, 1963.
- (with Marcel Fondat and Joe Barilla) Sei donne per l'assassino, 1964.
- (with Bevilacqua, Callisto Cosulich, Antonio Roman, Rafael J. Salvia, IbMelchior, anda Louis M. Heyward) Planet of the Vampires, 1965.
- (with Romano Migliorini, Roberto Natale, and John Hart) Kill Baby Kill, 1966.
- (with Alberto Liberati and George Simonelli) I coltelli del vendicatore,1967.
- (with Dino Mauri, Brian Degas, and Tudor Gates) Danger: Diabolik, 1968.
- (with Santiago Moncada) Hatchet for a Honeymoon, 1969.
- Roy Colt e Winchester Jack, 1970.
- (with Carlo Reali) Antefatto, 1971.
Other articles you might like: