Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James D. Bissell to Marlon Brando
Bernard Blier Biography (1916-1989)
Born January 11, 1916, in Buenos Aires, Argentina; died of cancer, March 29,1989, in Paris, France; children: Bertrand, Brigitte.
- Argentine, French
- Birth Details
- January 11, 1916
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Death Details
- March 29, 1989
- Paris, France
- STAGE DEBUT--Theatre de l'Etoile, Paris, France, 1936.
- L'Ecole des femmes, Comedie Francaise, Paris, 1973.
- Also Le Marie, la femme, et la mort.
- FILM DEBUT--Gribouille (also known as Heart of Paris), 1937.
- Gaston, Le Jour se leve (also known as Daybreak), 1939, released in the United States by AFE, 1940.
- Charbonnel, Symphonie fantastique, 1942, released in the United States byAFE, 1947.
- Remendado, Carmen, Super Film, 1946.
- Maurice Martineau, Quai des orfevres (also known as Jenny Lamour), 1947,released in the United States by Vog, 1948.
- Rene, Dedee d'Anvers (also known as Dedee and Woman of Antwerp), 1948, released in the United States by Vog, 1949.
- Louis, Monseigneur, 1949, released in the United States by Roger Richebe,1950.
- Robert, Maneges (also known as The Cheat and Riding for a Fall), DiscinaInternational Films, 1950.
- Pascal Laurent, L'Ecole buissonniere (also known as Passion for Life andI Have a New Master), AGDC/Brandon, 1951.
- President, "Le Lit de la Pompadour" in Secrets d'alcove (also known as The Bed and Il letto), 1953, released in the United States by Pathe, 1954.
- Zagoriensky, Le Joueur (also known as The Gambler), Gaumont, 1958.
- Leader, La Chatte (also known as The Cat), Ellis Films, 1959.
- Capitano Castelli, La grande guerra (also known as La Grande Guerre and The Great War), 1959, released in the United States by Lopert, 1961.
- Pichon, Archimede, le clochard (also known as The Magnificent Tramp), 1959, released in the United States by Cameo International, 1962.
- The Marshal, Il gobbo (also known as The Hunchback of Rome), 1960, released in the United States by Royal, 1963.
- police superintendent, Crimen (also known as And Suddenly, It's Murder!),1960, released in the United States by Royal, 1964.
- Charles, Le Cave se rebiffe (also known as The Counterfeiters of Paris and Money, Money, Money), 1961, released in the United States by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1962.
- Mayor Leproux, Arretez les tambours (also known as Women in War and Womenand War), 1961, released in the United States by Parade Releasing, 1965.
- Gregoire Duval, Le Septieme Jure (also known as The Seventh Juror), 1962,released in the United States by Trans-Lux, 1964.
- Torenthal, Mathias Sandorf, Union Generale Cinematographique, 1962.
- director, Germinal, Cocinor, 1963.
- Martinetti, Il compagni (also known as The Organizer, The Strikers, and Les Camarades), 1963, released in the United States by Continental Distributing, 1964.
- Monsieur Joseph, La Bonne soupe (also known as Careless Love and The GoodSoup), International Classics, 1964.
- Mitch-Mitch, Cent mille dollars au soleil (also known as Greed in the Sunand Centomila dollari al sole), 1964, released in the United States by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1965.
- Reguzzoni, "Modern People" in Alta infedelta (also known as High Infidelity and Haute infidelite), 1964, released in the United States by Magna, 1965.
- Corna d'Oro, Il magnifico cornuto (also known as The Magnificent Cuckoldand Le Cocu magnifique), 1964, released in the United States by Continental Distributing, 1965.
- Monsieur Heurtin, La Chasse a l'homme (also known as Male Hunt and Cacciaal maschio), 1964, released in the United States by Pathe, 1965.
- Cafarelli, Les Barbouzes (also known as The Great Spy Chase), 1964, released in the United States by American International, 1966.
- commissioner, Casanova '70, Embassy, 1965.
- chief, Le Fou du labo 4 (also known as The Madman of Lab 4), Gaumont, 1967.
- defense counsel, Lo straniero (also known as The Stranger and L'Etranger), Paramount, 1967.
- Rhome, Peau d'espion (also known as To Commit a Murder, Congiura di spie,and Der Grausame Job), 1967, released in the United States by Cinerama, 1970.
- husband, Caroline cherie, Mancori, 1968.
- Charles, Appellez-moi Mathilde (also known as Call Me Mathilde), 1968, released in the United States by Columbia, 1970.
- K, Le Cri du cormoran le soir au-dessus des jonques (also known as The Cry of the Cormoran at Night Over the Junks), 1969, released in the United States by Gaumont International, 1970.
- Inspector, Laisse aller, c'est une valse (also known as Take It Easy, It's a Waltz), Gaumont International, 1970.
- Guiton, Le Distrait (also known as The Daydreamer and Absentminded), 1970, released in the United States by Gaumont, 1975.
- Webb, Catch Me a Spy, Rank, 1971.
- Chief, Le Tueur (also known as The Killer), Societe nouvelle prodis, 1971.
- Doctor Mezzini, Homo eroticus (also known as Man of the Year), CIDIF, 1971.
- Inspector, Jo (also known as The Gazebo), MGM, 1971.
- Bistingo, Elle cause plus, elle flingue (also known as She No Longer Talks...She Shoots), CIC/Films la Boetie, 1972.
- Boss, Tout le monde il est beau, tout le monde il est gentil (also knownas Everybody He Is Nice, Everybody He Is Beautiful), CFDC, 1972.
- Uncle, Moi y'en a vouloir des sous (also known as Me, I Want to Have Dough), United Artists, 1972.
- Milan, Le Grand Blond avec une chaussure noire (also known as The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe), Gaumont International, 1972, released in the United States by Almi Cinema V, 1973.
- the President, Les Chinois a Paris (also known as The Chinese in Paris),Cine Qua Non/Production 2000/Produzioni Europee Associates, 1973.
- Moreu, La Main a couper... (also known as A Hand to Cut Off), Planfilm, 1973.
- Gastie-Leroy, Je sais rien, mais je dirai tout (also known as Don't KnowAnything But I'll Tell All), AMLF, 1973.
- Frank, Bons baisers a lundi (also known as Kisses Till Monday), Films laBoetie, 1974.
- Mayor, Par le sang des autres (also known as With the Blood of Others), Films la Boetie, 1974, released in the United States in 1980.
- Priest, Il piatto piange (also known as Ante Up), Euro International, 1974.
- Anselme, Ce cher Victor (also known as That Dear Victor), Lugo Films, 1975.
- Righi, Amici miei (also known as My Friends), Cineriz, 1975.
- Maxine, Le Faux-Cul (also known as The Phoney), Gaumont International, 1975.
- Tardel, C'est dur pour tout le monde (also known as It's Tough for Everybody), Societe nouvelle de cinema, 1975.
- Liebard, Le Corps de mon ennemi (also known as The Body of My Enemy) AMLF, 1976.
- Staplin, Serie noire (also known as Thriller Story), Gaumont International/World Marketing, 1979.
- doctor, Il malato immaginario (also known as La Malade imaginaire and TheHypochondriac), Cinema International, 1979.
- Police inspector, Buffet froid (also known as Cold Cuts), Interama/Gala Film Distributors, 1980.
- Grandfather Eugenio, Eugenio (also known as Voltati Eugenio), Intercontinental/Films du Losange, 1980.
- the Emir, Petrole, petrole (also known as Petrol, Petrol), IGC, 1981.
- Major Tarasso, Passione d'amore (also known as Passion of Love), Connoisseur, 1981, released in the United States by Putnam Square, 1982.
- Mr. Bottini, Cuore (also known as Heart), RAI-TV Channel 2, 1984.
- Mr. Guilledou, Ca n'arrive qu'a moi (also known as It Only Happens to Me), AMLF/Sara/Films A2, 1984.
- Major Bellucci, Scemo di guerra (also known as War Jester, Madman at War,and Le Fou de guerre), Titanus/Sergio Felicioli, 1985.
- Paleari, Le due vite di Mattia Pascal (also known as The Two Lives of Mattia Pascal), Medusa/SACIS, 1985.
- J.B. Cobb, Je hais les acteurs (also known as I Hate Actors), Gaumont International, 1986.
- Uncle Gugo, Pourvu que ce soit une fille (also known as Speriamo che siafemmina, Esperons que ce sont une fille, and Let's Hope It's a Girl), Artificial Eye/President/CDE/Original, 1986.
- Minister, Twist again a Moscou (also known as Twist Again in Moscow), AMLF, 1986.
- Eva's father, Sotto il ristorante Cinese (also known as Under the ChineseRestaurant and Below the Chinese Restaurant), ADMV, 1987.
- Saltiel, Mangeclous, AAA, 1988.
- Mondoradini, Les Fanfarons (also known as Una botta di vita, The Boasters, and A Taste of Life), Italian International/Exportation Francaise Cinematographique, 1988.
- Collins, Ada dans le jungle (also known as Ada in the Jungle),FIT Productions/AAA/Hugo International, 1988.
- Caffarelli, Paganini (also known as Kinski Paganini), Medusa Distribuzione, 1989.
- Also appeared in Trois-six-neuf, Le Messager, La Dame de Malacca, and L'Habit vert, all 1937; Altitude 3200 (also known as Youth in Revolt), Entree des artistes (also known as The Curtain Rises), Hotel du Nord, Grisou, Double Crime sur la ligne Maginot (also known as Treachery Within), Place de la Concorde, and Accord final, all 1938; L'Enfer des anges, Quartier Latin, and Nuitde Decembre (also known as Heure exquise), all 1939; L'Assassinat du Pere Noel (also known as Who Killed Santa Claus?), Le Pavillon brule, Premier bal, and Caprices, all 1941; La Femme que j'ai le plus aimee, Romance a trois, La Nuit fantastique, Le Journal tombe a cinq heures, Le Mariage de chiffon, and Marie-Martine, all 1942; Les Petites du quai aux fleurs, Je suis avec toi, andDomino, all 1943; Farandolle, 1944; Seul dans le nuit and Monsieur Gregoire s'evade, both 1945; Messieurs Ludovic and Le Cafe du Cadran, both 1946; Les Casse-pieds (also known as The Spice of Life), 1948, released in the United States by Gaumont Cinemaphonic, 1954; D'homme a hommes (also known as Man to Men), 1948; L'Invite du Mardi and "Tante Emma" in Retour a la vie, both 1949. Les Anciens de Saint-Loup, La Souriciere, and Souvenirs perdus, all 1950; Sanslaisser d'adresse and La Maison Bonnadieu, both 1951; Agence matrimoniale andJe l'ai ete trois fois, both 1952; Suivez cet homme!, 1953; Avant le delugeand Scenes de menage, both 1954; Le Dossier noir and Les Hussards, both 1955;Crime et chatiment (also known as Crime and Punishment), Prigionieri del male, and Rivelazione, all 1956; L'Homme a l'impermeable (also known as The Manin the Raincoat), Retour de Manivelle (also known as There's Always a Price Tag), Quand la femme s'en mele, and La Bonne Tisane, all 1957; as Javert, LesMiserables, and in Les Grandes familles (also known as The Possessors), Sansfamille, En legitime defense, and L'Ecole des cocottes, all 1958; Marie-Octobre, Marche ou creve, and Les Yeux de l'amour, all 1959. Le Secret du Chevalier d'Eon, Le President, and Vive Henri IV, vive l'amour!, all 1960; I brigantiItaliani (also known as Les Guerilleros), Les Petits Matins, and Le Monoclenoir, all 1961; Pourquoi Paris? and Les Saintes Nitouches, both 1962; Il magnifico avventuriero, 1963; "Le Jeu de la chance" in La Chance et l'amour, 1964; "La Fermeture" in Les Bon Vivants, Una questione d'onore (also known as A Question of Honor), and Quand passent les faisans, all 1965; Du mou dans la gachette, Duello nel mundo, Delitto quasi perfetto, Le Grand Restaurant, and UnIdiot a Paris, all 1966; Copain suave sa peau and Si j'etais un espion (alsoknown as Breakdown and If I Were a Spy), both 1967; Bel Ami 2000 oder: Wie verfuhrt man einen Playboy? (also known as How to Seduce a Playboy and 100 ragazze per un playboy), Chevron, 1968; Faut pas prendre les enfants du bon Dieupour les canards sauvages (also known as Operation Leontine), Riusciranno inostri eroi a trovare il loro amico misteriosamente scomparso in Africa? (also known as Will Your Heroes Find Their Friends Who Disappeared So Mysteriously in Africa?), and Elle boit pas, elle fume pas, elle drogue pas, mais elle cause, all 1968; Mon oncle Benjamin, 1969. Il furto e l'anima del commercio, 1971; Quarta parete and Boccaccio, both 1972; Les Tontons flingueurs, 1973; C'est pas parce qu'on a rien a dire qu'il fermer sa gueule and Processo per direttissima, both 1974; Calmos (also known as Femmes fatales and Cool, Calm, and Collected), AMLF, 1975; La Nuit d'or (also known as Golden Night), Union Generale Cinematographique, 1976; Le Temoin 1977; Le Compromis, 1978; Amici miei atto III (also known as My Friends Act III), Filmauro, 1985; Billy ze kick,AAA/World Marketing, 1985; La famiglia (also known as The Family), Vestron,1987; I picari (also known as The Picaros and The Rogues), Warner Brothers, 1987; Les Possedes (also known as The Possessed), Gaumont International, 1987;Migrations (also known as La Guerre la plus glorieuse), Cinexport, 1988.
- (Co-writer) Laisse aller, c'est une valse (also known as Take It Easy, It's a Waltz), Gaumont International, 1970.
OBITUARIES AND OTHER SOURCES:
- Variety, April 5-11, 1989.
Other articles you might like: