Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Dan Fisher Biography ((?)-)
Son of Fred (a composer, author, and publisher) and Anna (Davis) Fisher. Addresses: HOME--25 Central Park W., New York, NY 10023. OFFICE--c/o Fisher Music Corporation, One Times Square Plaza, New York, NY 10036.
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Producer at three summer theatre companies.
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; ALL IN NEW YORK CITY,UNLESS INDICATED Producer (with Pat Allen), Lady in Danger, Broadhurst Theatre, 1945.
- producer, Springtime for Henry, John Golden Theatre, 1951.
- producer, Second String, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, 1960.
- financial backer, Sleuth, Music Box Theatre, 1970.
- financial backer, Same Time Next Year, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1975.
- financial backer, Tribute, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1978.
- financial backer, Romantic Comedy, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 1979.
- financial backer, On Golden Pond, New Apollo Theatre, 1979.
- financial backer, Faith Healer, Longacre Theatre, 1979.
- financial backer, The Elephant Man, Theatre at St. Peter's Church, then Booth Theatre, both 1979.
- financial backer, Betrayal, Trafalgar Theatre, 1980.
- producer (with Joseph Clapsaddle, Joel Brykman, and Jack Lawrence) and general manager, Come Back to the Five-and-Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, MartinBeck Theatre, 1982.
- producer (with Margery Klain), Daughters, Westside Arts Theatre, 1986, then London, 1987.
- Also co-producer, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, London,1986; and financial backer, Mitsou, Whisper in the Mind, and The Indictment.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Producer, You Can't Take It with You, U.S. cities.
- Also produced The Three Sisters for the U.S. Army.
- (Lyrics) Good Morning Heartache, 1946.
- Also (lyrics) No Good Man; also wrote songs for Mabel Mercer, Bea Lillie,and Dinah Washington.
Other articles you might like: