Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Elaine Rinehart Biography (1952-)
Born August 16, 1952, in San Antonio, TX; daughter of James Howell (in the U.S. Marine Corps) and Evolyn Majoria (a speech therapist; maiden name, Dyer) Rinehart. Addresses: HOME--400 W. 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036. AGENT--c/o Steve Unger, Gage Group, 1650 Broadway, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- August 16, 1952
- San Antonio, Texas, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Celimene, The Misanthrope, North Carolina School of the Arts, NC, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Dawn, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Actors Studio, New York City,1978.
- Monica, Dumping Ground, Ensemble Studio Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Simone, Bedful of Foreigners, Royal Poinciana Playhouse, Palm Beach, FL,1981.
- Aurore, Joan of Lorraine, Mirror Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Rita, Educating Rita, Lake George Dinner Theatre, Lake George, NY, 1984.
- Carla, Pearl, Roots, Jewish Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- Philomena, Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All for You, Dock Street Theatre, Charleston, SC, 1987.
- Also appeared as Caroline, Go Back for Murder, St. Michael's Playhouse, VT, 1984; Ceil, American Beef, Gloucester Stage Company, MA, 1987; Miranda, The Tempest, Lost Colony Outdoor Drama Theatre, Manteo, VA; Ana, Tropicana, Cissy, Internal Combustion, both Musical Theatre Works, New York City; courtesan, Comedy of Errors, Ensemble Studio Theatre; Roxanne, From Behind the Moon, Theatre for the New City, New York City; Marya, Chopin in Space, American Place Theatre, New York City; Mary Dalton, Native Son, American Folk Theatre, NewYork City; Melinda, Fairweather Friends, Playwrights Horizons, New York City; Bridgett, Tenderloin, Equity Library Theatre, New York City; Nancy, Angel Street, Theatre at the Inn, NJ; Sherri, Grievances, Mirror Repertory Theatre;Mary, The Wonder Years, New Arts Theatre, New York City; Gwendolyn, The Importance of Being Earnest, Unified Field Production; Hermia, A Midsummer Night'sDream, Trumpet in the Land Outdoor Drama Theatre; and appeared in Improv Comedy Corps, Manhattan Punch Line, New York City.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Barbara Smith, Run for Your Wife, U.S. cities, 1985.
- Sally, Pack of Lies, U.S. cities, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CABARET APPEARANCES
- As a stand-up comedienne, Live Skro Acts on Stage, New York City nightclubs.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- College girl, The Bell Jar, AVCO-Embassy, 1979.
- punk rocker, Fame, United Artists, 1980.
- stand in, A Chorus Line, Columbia, 1985.
- Also appeared as nurse, Seizure, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Dixie, The Edge of Night, CBS.
- MINI-SERIES Kane & Abel, CBS, 1985.
- Sentimental Journey, CBS, 1984.
- Izzy & Moe, CBS, 1985.