Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James D. Bissell to Marlon Brando
Helon Blount Biography (1929-)
Born January 15, 1929, in Big Spring, TX; daughter of Ralph Eugene, Sr., andAlma Helon (Shipp) Blount; married Keith Kaldenberg. Addresses: HOME--346 Littleworth Lane, Sea Cliff, NY 11579.
- Birth Details
- January 15, 1929
- Big Spring, Texas, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--State Fair Music Hall, Dallas, TX, 1951.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Neighbor, standby for Cleo, The Most Happy Fella, Imperial Theatre, 1956.
- PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES; NEW YORK CITY,EXCEPT AS NOTED Police MatronJonsen, Fly Blackbird, Mayfair Theatre, 1962.
- Mrs. Farrell, Riverwind, Actor's Playhouse, 1962.
- Miss Jones, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, 46th StreetTheatre, 1963-65.
- Mrs. Victoria Haslam, Do I Hear a Waltz?, 46th Street Theatre, 1965.
- Katie, My Wife and I, Theatre Four, 1966.
- Sarah, Curley McDimple, Bert Wheeler Theatre, 1967.
- Mother-in-Law, The Fig Leaves Are Falling, Broadhurst Theatre, 1969.
- Deedee West, Follies, Winter Garden Theatre, 1971, then Shubert Theatre,Century City, CA, 1972.
- Attendant, A Quarter for the Ladies Room, Village Gate Theatre, 1972.
- Mrs. Farrell, Riverwind, Masters Theatre, 1973.
- standby for Madame Matroppo, Very Good Eddie, Booth Theatre, 1975.
- Sophie Tucker, Last of the Red Hot Mamas, Manhattan Theatre Club, 1977.
- Roberta, Musical Chairs, Rialto Theatre, 1980.
- chairperson, Woman of the Year, Palace Theatre, 1981-82.
- Aunt Sally Phelps, Downriver, Musical Theatre Workshop, 1985.
- Stock appearances include: Fraulein Schneider, Cabaret, mother, Babes inToyland, Meg, Damn Yankees, and Rose, Destry.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Cleo, The Most Happy Fella, U.S. cities, 1957-58.
- chairperson, Woman of the Year, U.S. cities, 1983.
- stock tours, U.S. cities: Nettie, Carousel.
- Rosalie, Carnival.
- Mother Abbess, The Sound of Music.
- Housekeeper, Man of La Mancha, 1979.
Other articles you might like: