Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Ingrid Thulin Biography (1929-)
Born January 27, 1929, in Solleftea, Sweden; daughter of Adam and Nanna (Larsson) Thulin; married Claes Sylwander, 1951 (marriage ended); married Harry Schein, 1956.
- Birth Details
- January 27, 1929
- Solleftea, Sweden
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Marianne Borg, Wild Strawberries, Janus, 1956.
- (As Ingrid Tulean) Brita, Foreign Intrigue, United Artists, 1956.
- Manda Aman, The Magician (also known as The Face), Janus, 1957.
- Cecilia Ellius, Nara livet (also known as Brink of Life and So Close to Life), Nordisk Tone Film, 1958.
- Marguerite Laurier, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1962.
- Mother, Agostino, Baltea, 1962.
- Marta Lundberg, The Winter Light (also known as Nattvardsgaesterna), Svensk Filmindustri, 1963.
- Ester, The Silence (also known as Tystnaden), Janus, 1964.
- Dr. Michele Wolf, Return from the Ashes, United Artists, 1965.
- Irene, Night Games, AVCO/Embassy, 1966.
- Marianne, La Guerre est Finie (also known as Krigetar Slut and The War isOver), Brandon, 1967.
- Veronica Volger, The Hour of the Wolf (also known as Varetimmen), SvenskFilmindustri, 1968.
- Elisabeth Hermann, Fino a Farti Male (also known as Adelaide), Sigma, 1969.
- Thea Winkelmann, Riten (also known as The Rite and The Ritual), Janus, 1970.
- Wife, N.P. (also known as The Secret), Zeta-a-Elle, 1971.
- Karin, Cries and Whispers (also known as Viskingar Och Rop), New World, 1972.
- Helene, La Cage, Lira-UGE-Parma, 1975.
- Miriam, Moses, AVCO/Embassy, 1977.
- Elena, The Cassandra Crossing, AVCO/Embassy, 1977.
- Rakel, After the Rehearsal, Triumph, 1984.
- Il Giorno Prima (also known as The Day Before), Columbia Pictures Italia,1987.
- Also appeared in Havets Son, 1941; Kann dej som Hemma, 1948; Dit VindarnaBar, 1948; Karleken segrar (also known as Love Will Conquer), 1949; HjarterKneki, 1950; Nar Karleken kim till Byn, 1950; Leva pa "Hoppet," 1951; Mote med Livet, 1952; Kalle Karlsson fran Jularbo, 1952; En Skargardsnatt, 1953; Goingehov dingen, 1953; Tva Skona Juveler, 1954; I Rok och Dans, 1954; Hoppsan!,1955; Danssalongen, 1955; Aldrig i livet, 1957; Donnaren, 1960; Sekstet (also known as Sextet), 1963; as Nadine Anderson, Die Lady (also known as Games of Desire and Frustration), 1964; Domani non siamo piu qui, 1967; as cook, Badarna (also known as I, a Virgin), 1968; Baroness Sophie von Essenbeck, La caduta degli dei (also known as The Damned), 1969; Un diablo bajo la Almohada, 1970; It Rained All Night the Day I Left, 1970; Maria, La Sainte Famille, 1970; as Inez Crona, En handful karelek (also known as A Handful of Love), 1973;as investigator, Monismanien 1995, 1975; in Il viaggio nella vertigini, 1975;title role, Madame Kitty (also known as Salon Kitty), 1976; Tania, Comincioil viaggio nella vertigini, 1976; in Agnes Will Die, 1977; Ylva, En och en (also known as One and One, 1978; Il Corsario, 1983; La Casa del Sorriso ("TheHouse of Smiles"), 1991; and Rabbit Face.
Credits; FILM DIRECTOR
- (And writer) Brusten Himmel (also known as Broken Sky), Svenska Filminstitutet, c. 1982.
- Also director of Haengivelse, 1965; (with Erland Josephson and Erland Nykvist) En och en (also known as One and One and Devotion).
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Espionage, NBC, 1964.
Credits; OTHER TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Miriam, Moses--The Lawgiver (mini-series), CBS, 1975.
- Anita Hoffman, Intermezzo (special), NBC, 1961.
- Mrs. Havemeyer, Control (movie), HBO, 1987.
- Also appeared as Indra's daughter in The Dream Play, 1970.
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- (Broadway debut) Inga, Of Love Remembered, American National Theatre andAcademy, New York City, 1967.
- Made stage debut at Municipal Theatre, Norrkoping, Sweden; appeared in Gigi, Peer Gynt, Two for the Seesaw, Twelfth Night, and Miss Julie, all in Sweden.