Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Mesrop Kesdekian Biography (1920-)
Born March 8, 1920, in Philadelphia, PA; son of Avedis M. (a tailor) and Aznive (Tashjian) Kesdekian. Addresses: HOME--6480 Bordeaux, Dallas, TX 75209.
Since 1952, Kesdekian has been the producing-director of the Green Hills Theatre in Reading, PA.
- Birth Details
- March 8, 1920
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Slaughter of the Innocents, Studio Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1954.
- The Earth a Trinket, Studio Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1954.
- Blood Wedding, Saint Joan, both University Players, Princeton, NJ, 1955.
- The Apollo of Bellac, and The Browning Version (a double-bill), Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1959.
- The Beautiful People, ELT, Lenox Hill Playhouse, NY, 1959.
- The Skin of Our Teeth, ELT, Lenox Hill Playhouse, NY, 1960.
- Love's Old Sweet Song, ELT, Master Institute Theatre, NY, 1961.
- The Biggest Thief in Town, 1961, Love Among the Platypi, 1962, Time Out for Ginger, 1964, Tom Jones, Mary, Mary, all at Bucks County Playhouse, New Hope, PA.
- The Caretaker, Playhouse-in-the-Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1963.
- Thieves' Carnival, and the double bill The Typists and The Tiger, Pavilion, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, 1964.
- You Can't Take It with You, Nature's Way, Arsenic and Old Lace, all for L'Homme Dieu Playhouse, Alexandria, MN, 1975.
- The Hot l Baltimore, Alice Company, Tampa, FL, 1975.
- Details without a Map, Stage Number One, Dallas, TX, 1975.
- Da, 1975, The Inspector General, 1977, Popkin, 1978, Uncle Vanya, 1978, The Matchmaker, all at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX.
- The Hostage, Eastfield College, Dallas, TX, 1978.
- The Glass Menagerie, North Shore Music Theatre, Beverly, MA, 1979.
- Buried Child, 1979, The Mound Builders, 1980, both at Stage Number One, Dallas, TX, 1980.
- The Time of Your Life, 1981, The Kitchen, 1981, Marat/Sade, 1982, The Plough and the Stars, 1983, all at Univeristy Theatre, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX.
- Arsenic and Old Lace, Granny's Dinner Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1983.
- The Tempest, Dallas Shakespeare Festival, Dallas, TX, 1983.
- Charley's Aunt, University Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1984.
- The Dining Room, Plaza Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1984.
Credits; Oh, What a Lovely War!, University Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1985.Also
- The Hostage, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD; Oasis in Manhattan, Stage Society, Hollywood, CA; The Time of Your Life, Triangle, NY; The Boy Friend, The Fantasticks, Pygmalion, The Rose Tattoo, others, all at Green Hills Theatre, Reading, PA, 1952-present.
- Designer: Mountain Playhouse, Jennerstown, PA, 1949; Othello, Gate Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1954; Summer of the Seventeenth Doll, Players, NY, ArenaStage, Washington, DC, 1959.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, The Skin of Our Teeth, Theatre Guild American Repertory Co., U.S. State Department tour of Latin America and Europe, 1960- 61.
Other articles you might like: