Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Rachel Luttrell to Robert Markowitz
Stanley Mann Biography ((?)-)
Born Daniel Chugerman, August 8, 1912, in New York, NY; died of heart failure, November 21, 1991, in Los Angeles, CA; son of Samuel (a lawyer) and Helen Chugerman; married Kathleen Williams (an actress), 1948; children: Michael, Alex, Erica Mann Ramis. Addresses: Agent: c/o The Gersh Agency, 232 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- screenwriter, motion picture producer
Credits; Stage Work
- Associate producer, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, Theatre 80,St. Mark's Playhouse, New York City, 1967-70.
Credits; Film Work
- Producer, with Howard Harrison, The Strange Affair (also see below), Paramount, 1968.
- Producer, with Alan Ladd, Jr., The Devil's Widow, British International, 1972.
- Producer, with John Kohn, Theatre of Blood, United Artists (UA), 1973.
- Also producer of Tam Lin, 1971.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Motel owner, Firestarter (also see below), Universal, 1984.
Another Time, Another Place (based on a novel by Lenore Coffee), Paramount, 1958.
- (With Roger MacDougall) The Mouse that Roared (based on the novelThe Wrath of the Grapes by Leonard Wibberley), Columbia, 1959.
- (With Jan and Mark Lowell) His and Hers, Eros, 1960.
- (With Sidney Buchman) The Mark (based on the novel by Charles Israel), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1961.
- (With Robert Muller and Michael Relph) Woman of Straw (based on the novel La Femme de Paille by Catherine Arley), UA, 1964.
Rapture (based on the novel Rapture in Rags by Phyllis Hastings), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1965.
- (With Claude Brule and Howard Clewes) Up From the Beach (based onthe novel Epitaph for an Enemy by George Barr), Twentieth Century-Fox,1965.
- (With Denis Cannan and Ronald Harwood) A High Wind in Jamaica (based on the novel by Richard Hughes), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1965.
- (With John Kohn) The Collector (based on the novel by John Fowles), Columbia, 1965.
The Naked Runner (based on the novel by Francis Clifford), WarnerBros., 1967.
The Strange Affair (based on the novel by Bernard Toms), Paramount, 1968.
- (With others) Fraulein Doktor (based on a story by Vittoriano Petrilli), Paramount, 1968.
- (With Tom Ardies and Arnold Margolin) Russian Roulette (based on the novel Kosygin Is Coming by Ardies), Avco Embassy, 1975.
- (With Jack DeWitt and Garry Michael White) Sky Riders (based on astory by Hall T. Sprague and Bill McGaw), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1976.
- (With Roger Swaybill) Breaking Point (based on the novel by Swaybill), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1976.
- (With Michael Hodges) Damien: Omen II, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1978.
- (With Stirling Silliphant) The Silent Flute (based on a story by Bruce Lee, James Coburn, and Silliphant; also known as Circle of Iron),Avco Embassy, 1979.
- (With Edmund H. North) Meteor (based on a story by North), American International, 1979.
Eye of the Needle (based on the novel by Ken Follett), UA, 1981.
Firestarter (based on the novel by Steven King), Universal, 1984.
Conan the Destroyer (based on the character created by Robert E. Howard), Universal, 1984.
- (With John Briley) Tai-Pan (based on the novel by James Clavell),DEG, 1986.
- (With Menahem Golan) Hanna's War, Cannon, 1988.
- Also author of screenplays Powell, Third Time Lucky, and Evening Flight. Screenplay consultant on Stanley, 1983.
Credits; Stage Plays
The Room, first produced at Cherry Lane Theatre, New York City, 1966.
- (With others) The Invisible Man, CBS, 1958-60.
Draw!, HBO, 1984.
- Also author of teleplay Mad Bull, 1977.
Forbes, November 10, 1980, p. 256.
Other articles you might like: