Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Wes Anderson to Sarah Badel
Tige Andrews Biography ((?)-)
Born with surname of Androwas; son of George E. (a shopkeeper) and Selma (Shaleesh) Androwas; married Norma Nadine Thornton (a ballerina); children: John,Barbara, Gina, Steven, Jole, Anthony. Addresses: AGENT--Alex Brewis Agency, 8721 Sunset Blvd., Suite 104, Los Angeles, CA 90069.; AGENT--Alex Brewis Agency, 8721 Sunset Blvd., Suite 104, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
Tige Andrews tells CTFT that he has written six scripts with collaborator J.Marlando which have yet to be produced. His favorite role is that of the Streetsinger in The Threepenny Opera. He speaks French and Italian and enjoys painting.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Beadseller, Minaret singer, assistant stage manager, Hidden Horizon, 47th Street Theatre, 1946.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Ticklish Acrobat, Off-Broadway production.
- Mr. Roberts, Alvin Theatre, NY, 1951.
- streetsinger, also played Mack the Knife for twenty performances, The Threepenny Opera, Theatre De Lys, NY, 1951.
- Heartbreak House, Westwood Playhouse, Los Angeles.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- FILM DEBUT--Wylie, Mr. Roberts, Warner Brothers, 1954.
- Onionhead, Until They Sail, 1957.
- China Doll, United Artists, 1958.
- A Private Affair, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1959.
- The Last Tycoon, Paramount, 1977.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Policeman, Seven Keys to Baldpate.
- The Phil Silvers Show, CBS, 1954.
- Lt. John Russo, The Detectives, Starring Robert Taylor, ABC, 1959- 61, NBC, 1961-62.
- Captain Adam Greer, The Mod Squad, ABC, 1968-73.
Other articles you might like: