Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brigitte Nielsen to Bill Owen
Carrie Nye Biography ((?)-)
Born in Mississippi; married Dick Cavett (a television personality). Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Actors' Equity Association, 165 W. 46th Street, New York, NY 10036.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Inez, A Second String, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, 1960.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Title role, Ondine, Equity Library Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Tiffany Richards, Mary, Mary, Helen Hayes Theatre, New York City, 1962.
- Celia, As You Like It, Lady Macduff, Macbeth, Cressida, Troilus and Cresida, all American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1961.
- Regina Engstrand, Ghosts, Fourth Street Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Cecily Cardew, The Importance of Being Earnest, Madison Avenue Playhouse,New York City, 1963.
- Regan, King Lear, Adriana, The Comedy of Errors, Cleopatra, Caesar and Cleopatra, all American Shakespeare Festival, 1963.
- Cassandra, The Trojan Women, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1963.
- Helen Walsingham, Half a Sixpence, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Ursula Bailey, A Very Rich Woman, Belasco Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Vittoria Corombona, The White Devil, Circle in the Square, 1965.
- Lady Macbeth, Macbeth, American Shakespeare Festival, 1967.
- Margaret Ross-Hughes, Home Fires, Cort Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Elinor of Aquitaine, The Lion in Winter, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1969.
- Thelma, After Magritte, Cynthia, The Real Inspector Hound, both Theatre Four, New York City, 1972.
- Blanche du Boise, A Streetcar Named Desire, Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1973.
- Gilda, Design for Living, Goodman Theatre, Chicago, IL, 1976.
- Anna Petrovna, Platonov, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA,1977.
- Regina Giddens, The Little Foxes, Stage West, Springfield, MA, 1977.
- No Time for Comedy, McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ, 1979.
- Yelena, Children of the Sun, Williamstown Theatre Festival, 1979.
- Lorraine Sheldon, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Circle in the Square, 1980.
- a/k/a Tennessee, South Street Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Lucy Ransdell, The Wisteria Trees, York Theatre Company, New York City, 1982.
- Angela Langtry, Paducah, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- The Madwoman of Chaillot, Mirror Theatre Company, Theatre of St.
- Peter's Church, New York City, 1986.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Tallulah Bankhead, Moviola:The Scarlett O'Hara War, NBC, 1980.
- Diana Proctor, Divorce His/Divorce Hers, ABC, 1973.
- Nancy Baker, The Users, NBC, 1978.
Other articles you might like: