Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Guy Hamilton Biography (1922-)
Born September, 1922, in Paris, France.
- Birth Details
- September, 1922
- Paris, France
Credits; FILM WORK
- Assistant director, The Fallen Idol (also known as The Lost Illusion), British Lion, 1949.
- assistant director, The Third Man, Selznick Releasing Organization, 1950.
- assistant director, The African Queen, United Artists, 1951.
- assistant director, Outcast of the Islands, British Lion, 1952.
- director, The Ringer, Regent, 1953.
- director, An Inspector Calls, British Lion, 1954.
- director, The Colditz Story, British Lion, 1955.
- director, The Intruder, British Lion, 1955.
- director, Charley Moon, British Lion, 1956.
- director, Stowaway Girl (also known as Manuela), Paramount, 1957.
- director, The Devil's Disciple, United Artists, 1959.
- director, A Touch of Larceny, Paramount, 1960.
- director, The Best of Enemies (also known as I due nemici), Columbia, 1962.
- director, Goldfinger, United Artists, 1964.
- director, Man in the Middle (also known as The Winston Affair), TwentiethCentury-Fox, 1964.
- director, Funeral in Berlin, Paramount, 1966.
- director, The Party's Over, Allied Artists, 1966.
- director, The Battle of Britain, United Artists, 1969.
- director, Diamonds Are Forever, United Artists, 1971.
- director, Live and Let Die, United Artists, 1973.
- director, The Man with the Golden Gun, United Artists, 1974.
- producer and director, Force Ten from Navarone, American International, 1978.
- director, The Mirror Crack'd, Associated Film Distribution, 1980.
- director, Evil Under the Sun, Universal, 1982.
- director, Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, Orion, 1985.
- director, Sauf votre respect (also known as La Grande Fauche, Try This Onfor Size, and Try This One On for Size), Films Number One/Twentieth Century-Fox/Filmexport/GCR, 1989.
- FILM--See production details above.
- (With Ivan Foxwell) The Colditz Story, 1955.
- (with Foxwell and William Woods) Stowaway Girl, 1957.
- (with Foxwell, Roger MacDougall, and Paul Winterton) A Touch of Larceny,1960.
- (with Alec Medioff and Sergio Gobbi) Sauf votre respect, 1989.
Other articles you might like: