Sandra Reaves-Phillips Biography ((?)-)
Born December 23 in Mullins, SC.
- Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- The Late Great Ladies of Blues and Jazz (one-woman show), John Houseman Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Mama Younger, Raisin, Crossroads Theatre, New Brunswick, NJ, 1983.
- Harmony, Basin Street, New Federal Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Bessie Smith, Champeeen!, Harry DeJur Playhouse, 1983, then Henry StreetSettlement Federal Theatre, 1985.
- Freddie Banks, American Dreams, Negro Ensemble Company, Theatre Four, NewYork City, 1984.
- Fat Momma, Oh! Oh! Obesity!, Louis Abrons Arts for Living Center, New Federal Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- One Mo' Time, Crossroads Theatre Company, New Brunswick, NJ, c.
- Big Bertha, Further Mo', The Village Gate, New York City, 1990.
- Made Broadway debut as Mama Younger, Raisin, 1973. Also appeared as Ma Rainey, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Citadel Theatre; appeared in Black and Blue,Chatelet Theatre, Paris, France; Blues in the Night; Sparrow in Flight; Stompin' at the Savoy; L'il Bit; Ragtime Blues; Karma; and Take Care. Appeared inrevues Cavalcade of Stars, Carnegie Hall; Bold 'n Brassy Blues, Hawaii; and Heart to Heart.
- Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Appeared in One, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, and The Late GreatLadies of Blues and Jazz, all U.S. cities.
- Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Buttercup, 'Round Midnight, Warner Brothers, 1986.
- Mrs. Powers, Lean on Me, Warner Brothers, 1989.
- Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Appeared on Another World, NBC.
- The Late Great Ladies of Blues and Jazz (one-woman show), produced at John Houseman Theatre, New York City, 1982.