Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
Gerald Scarfe Biography (1936-)
Born June 1, 1936; married Jane Asher (an actress); children: Katy, Alexander, Rory. Addresses: Agent--Fraser & Dunlop Scripts, Ltd., 5th Fl.,The Chambers, Chelsea Harbour, Lots Rd., London SW10, England.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK
- Director, Scarfe by Scarfe, BBC, 1987.
- Worked on Long Drawn Out Trip (animated), BBC, 1973.
Credits; FILM WORK
- Director and designer of animated sequences, The Wall, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1982.
- Also designer of animated sequence, Digital Dreams, 1983.
Credits; STAGE DESIGNER
- Who's A Lucky Boy, Royal Exchange, Manchester, England, 1984.
- Born Again, produced in Chichester, England, 1990.
- The Magic Flute, Music Center Opera, Los Angeles, 1993.
- Also designer for Orpheus in the Underworld, 1985; and An Absolute Turkey.
- SELF-ILLUSTRATED Gerald Scarfe's People, Owen, 1966.
- Gerald Scarfe, Thames & Hudson, 1982.
- Father Kissmass and Mother Claws, Hamish Hamilton, 1985.
- Scarfe by Scarfe (autobiography), Hamish Hamilton, 1986.
- Scarfeland: A Lost World of Fabulous Beasts and Monsters, Hamish Hamilton, 1990, revised edition, 1991.
- Scarfe-face, Sinclair-Stevenson, 1993.
- Also author of Gerald Scarfe's People, 1966; Indecent Exposure, 1973; Expletive Deleted: The Life and Times of Richard Nixon, 1974; Scarfe's Seven Deadly Sins, 1988; and Scarfe's Line of Attack, 1988.
- Richard West, Sketches from Vietnam, Cape, 1968.
- Roger Waters, Pink Floyd the Wall, Avon, 1982.
- Jane Asher, Jane Asher's Party Cakes, Pelham, 1982.
- Asher, Moppy Is Angry, Walker, 1988.
- Asher, Moppy Is Happy, Walker, 1988.
- Terry Jones, Attacks of Opinion, Penguin, 1989.
Other articles you might like: