Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Keith Dewhurst Biography (1931-)
Born December 24, 1931, in Oldham, England; son of Joseph Frederick and Lily(Carter) Dewhurst; married Eve Pearce, July 14, 1958 (divorced, 1980); married Alexandra Cann, November 4, 1980; children: Alan, Emma, Faith (first marriage). Addresses: HOME--2 King Edward's Mansions, Fulham Road, London SW6, England. AGENT--London Management, 235 Regent Street, London W1A 2JT, England.
- Birth Details
- December 24, 1931
- Oldham, England
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISON WORK
- Presenter, Granada, London, 1968-69.
- presenter, Review, BBC, 1972.
- presenter, Extraordinary, Yorkshire Television, 1978.
- Rafferty's Chant, Mermaid Theatre, London, 1967, published in Plays of the Year 33, Elek, 1967.
- Pirates, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1970.
- Brecht in '26, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1971.
- Corunna!, Theatre Upstairs, 1971.
- (adaptor) Kidnapped (from Robert Louis Stevenson's novel), Royal Lyceum Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1972.
- (adaptor) The Miser (from Moliere's play), Royal Lyceum Theatre, 1973.
- The Magic Island, Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Birmingham, U.K., 1974.
- The Bomb in Brewery Street, Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, U.K., 1975.
- One Short, Crucible Theatre, 1976.
- Luggage, Natural Theatre Platform, London, 1977.
- (adaptor) Lark Rise (from Flora Thompson's novel), Coltesloe Theatre, London, 1978, published by Hutchinson, 1980.
- (adaptor) Candleford (from Thompson's novel), Coltesloe Theatre, 1978, published by Hutchinson, 1980.
- (adaptor) The World Turned Upside Down (from Christopher Miller's novel),Coltesloe Theatre, 1978.
- (adaptor) Don Quixote (from Miguel de Cervantes's novel), Olivier Theatre, London, 1982.
- Also wrote San Salvador, 1980.
- The Empty Beach, Jethro, 1985.
- Z Cars, 1962-67, published in Z Cars: Four Scripts from the Televison Series, Longman, 1968.
- Softly, Softly, 1967.
- Just William, 1976.
- Also Knight Errant, Skyport, Love Story, Front Page Story, The Villains.
- Think of the Day, 1960.
- Local Incident, 1961.
- Albert Hope, 1962.
- The Chimney Boy, 1964.
- The Life and Death of Lovely Karen Gilhooley, 1964.
- The Siege of Manchester, 1965.
- The Towers of Manhattan, 1966.
- Last Bus, 1968.
- Men of Iron, 1969.
- Why Danny Misses School, 1969.
- It Calls for a Great Deal of Love, 1969.
- (adaptor) Helen (from Euripides's play), 1970.
- The Sit-In, 1972.
- Lloyd George, 1973.
- End Game, 1974.
- Our Terry, 1975.
- Two Girls and a Millionaire, 1978.
- Drummer Delaney's Sixpence, 1971.
- That's Charlie George Over There, 1972.
- Dick Turpin, 1976.
- (Contributor) Scene Scripts, Longman, 1972.
- Captain of the Sands (a novel), Viking, 1982.
Other articles you might like: