Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Luther Davis Biography (1921-)
Born August 29, 1921, in New York, NY; son of Charles Thomas (a manufacturerof surgical supplies) and Henrietta (Roesler) Davis; married Dorothy de Milhau, November 3, 1943 (divorced, 1961); children: Noelle, Laura Duval. Addresses: OFFICE--Pictures, Inc., 18 W. 55th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- August 29, 1921
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SERIES
- Writer and producer--Bus Stop; Kraft Suspense Theatre; Run for Your Life;The Silent Force.
- The Hucksters (adapted from the novel by Frederic Wakeman), Metro- Goldwyn-Mayer, 1947.
- B.F.'s Daughter (adapted from the novel by John P. Marquand), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1948.
- The Black Hand, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1950.
- A Lion Is in the Streets, (adapted from the novel by Adria Locke Langley), Warner Brothers, 1953.
- (contributor) New Faces, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1954.
- (with Charles Lederer) Kismet, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1955.
- The Gift of Love (adapted from "The Little Horse," a short story by NeliaGardner White), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1958.
- Holiday for Lovers (adapted from the play by Ronald Alexander), TwentiethCentury-Fox, 1959.
- The Wonders of Aladdin, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1961.
- (also producer) Lady in a Cage, Paramount, 1964.
- Across 110th Street, United Artists, 1972.
- End of the World, Baby, 1964.
- Daughter of the Mind (adapted from the novel The Hand of Mary Constable by Paul Gallico), ABC, 1966.
- Arsenic and Old Lace (adapted from the play by Joseph Kesselring), ABC, 1969.
- The Old Man Who Cried Wolf, ABC, 1970.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Kiss Them for Me, Belasco Theatre, NY, 1945.
- book (with Charles Lederer), Kismet (based on the play of the same titleby Edward Knoblock), Ziegfeld Theatre, NY, 1953.
- Timbuktu (based on Kismet), Mark Hellinger Theatre, NY, 1978.
Other articles you might like: