Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Klugman to Michael Lantieri
Nigel Kneale Biography (1922-)
Full name, Thomas Nigel Kneale; born April 28, 1922, in Barrow-in-Furness, Lancashire, England; son of William Thomas (a journalist) and Lilian (Kewley) Kneale; married Anne Judith Kerr (a writer), May 8, 1954; children: Tacy, Matthew. Addresses: Agent--Douglas Rae Ltd., 28 Charing Cross Road, LondonWC2H ODB, England.
- Birth Details
- April 28, 1922
- Barrow-in-Furness, England
- Tomato Cain and Other Stories, Collins, 1949, Knopf, 1950.
- Quatermass and the Pit: A Play for Television in Six Parts, Penguin, 1960.
- Quatermass II: A Play for Television in Six Parts, Penguin, 1960.
- The Quatermass Experiment: A Play for Television in Six Parts, Penguin, 1960.
- (Editor) Ghost Stories of M. R. James, Folio Society, 1973.
- The Year of the Sex Olympics and Other TV Plays, Ferret Fantasy, 1976.
- Quatermass, Hutchinson, 1979.
- (With Richard Landau and Val Guest) The Creeping Unknown (also known as The Quatermass Experiment), United Artists, 1956.
- The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1957.
- (With V. Guest) Enemy From Space (also known as Quatermass II), United Artists, 1957.
- (With John Osborne) Look Back in Anger, Warner Brothers, 1959.
- (With J. Osborne) The Entertainer, Bryanston-British Lion, 1960.
- (With Edmund H. North) HMS Defiant: Damn the Defiant, Columbia, 1962.
- (With Jan Read) First Men in the Moon, Columbia, 1964.
- The Devil's Own (also known as The Witches), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1967.
- Five Million Years to Earth (also known as Quatermass and the Pit), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1968.
- Quatermass Conclusion, Euston, 1980.
- Also author of The Woman in Black, 1989, and a four-part film series, Stanley and the Women, 1991.
- TELEVISION PLAYS,EXCEPT WHERE NOTED The Quatermass Experiment, BBC, 1953.
- 1984, BBC, 1954.
- The Creature, BBC, 1955.
- Quatermass II, BBC, 1955.
- Mrs. Wickens in the Fall, BBC, 1956.
- Quatermass and the Pit, BBC, 1959.
- The Road, BBC, 1963.
- The Crunch, BBC, 1964.
- The Year of the Sex Olympics, BBC, 1967.
- Bam! Pow! Zapp!, BBC, 1969.
- Wine of India, BBC, 1970.
- Murrain, BBC, 1975.
- Beasts (series of six plays: Buddyboy; During Barty's Party; Special Offer; The Dummy; Baby; What Big Eyes), ATV, 1976.
- Also author of The Chopper, 1971; The Stone Tape, 1972; Jack and the Beanstalk, 1974; Quatermass, 1979; Ladies Night, 1986; and Gentry, 1988. Author of the series Kinvig, 1981.