Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Sandra Shipley Biography (1947-)
Born February 1, 1947, in London, England; daughter of Norman and Mildred (Williams) Shipley; married Alfred Wilson, January 3, 1970; children: Alfie, Laura. Addresses: OFFICE--American Repertory Theatre, Loeb Drama Centre,Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.
Favorite roles: Amanda, Private Lives, Lady Macbeth, Macbeth, and Gladys, A Lesson from Aloes.
- Birth Details
- February 1, 1947
- London, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Title role, Mary Stuart, Edinburgh Festival, Scotland, 1968.
- LONDON DEBUT--Helena, Look Back in Anger, Criterion Theatre, 1968- 69.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Ruth Belcher, Suddenly at Home, Queens Theatre, London.
- Sybil, Private Lives, with the Exeter Repertory Company, U.K..
- Miss Giddens, The Innocents and Kate Hardcastle, She Stoops to Conquer, both with the Oldham Repertory Company, U.K..
- Lady Percy and Doll Tearsheet, When Thou Art King, Grace, London Assurance, and Jenny, Major Barbara, all with the Royal Shakespeare Company, U.K.
- Multiple role, Hard Times, Gloucester Stage Company, MA.
- Juno, Juno and the Paycock and Helen, And a Nightingale Sang, both at theLyric Stage.
- Myra, Deathtrap and Lizzie, The Rainmaker, both at the Nickerson Theatre.
- Anitra, Peer Gynt, with the Boston Symphony Orchestra, MA.
- Amanda, Private Lives, Viola, Twelfth Night, Desdemona, Othello, Gladys,A Lesson from Aloes, Beatrice, Much Ado About Nothing, woman one, Play, Thaisa, Pericles, and Lady Macbeth, Macbeth, all with the Boston Shakespeare Company.
- Estelle Dusseau, Sweet Table at the Richelieu, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Ruth Belcher, Suddenly at Home, post-West End tour, U.K. cities, 1973.
- FILM DEBUT--Pamela, The Hunting of Lionel Crane, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Julia Lennon, The John Lennon Story, Newbury Filmworks.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Susan, Take Three Girls, BBC, 1971.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Miss Phillips, Spenser: For Hire, ABC.
- Carolyn Driscoll, Miller's Court, WCVB, Boston.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK
- The Spider's Web, WGBH, Boston.
- Also Monitor Radio, Boston.
- DRAMA--Performances for "Novels on Cassettes": Great Expectations, Wuthering Heights, and Roxanna, Kleos Publications.
Other articles you might like: