Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Holly Fulger to Joanna McClelland Glass
Shirley Gee Biography (1932-)
Born Shirley Thieman, April 25, 1932, in London, England; married Donald Gee,January 30, 1965; children: two sons. Addresses: Agent--John Rush, c/o David Higham Associates, 5-8 Lower John St., Golden Square, London W1R 4HA,England.
- Birth Details
- April 25, 1932
- London, England
- Typhoid Mary, produced in London, 1983, published in Best Radio Plays of1979, Methuen, 1980.
- Never in My Lifetime, produced at Soho Poly Theatre, London, 1984, published in Best Radio Plays of 1983, Methuen, 1984.
- Ask for the Moon, produced at Hampstead Theatre, London, 1986, publishedby Faber and Faber, 1987.
- Warrior, produced at Chichester Festival Theatre, 1989, published by Samuel French, 1991.
- Author of radio plays including Stones, 1974; The Vet's Daughter, adaptedfrom the novel by Barbara Comyns, 1976; Moonshine, 1977; Typhoid Mary, 1979;Bedrock, 1979; Men on White Horses, adapted from the novel by Pamela Haines,1981; Our Regiment, a documentary, 1982; Never in My Lifetime, 1983; and Against the Wind, 1988.
- Author of television plays Long Live the Babe, 1984, and Flights, 1985. Co-adaptor of Children's Poems, Stories and Songs for Playschool, British Broadcasting Corporation-Television.
- Ash, William, The Way to Write Radio Drama, Elm Tree, 1985.
- Drakakis, John, editor, British Radio Drama, Cambridge University Press,1981.
- Contemporary Dramatists, St. James Press, 1988.
Other articles you might like: