Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Sylvia Regan Biography (1908-)
Born Sylvia Hoffenberg, April 15, 1908; daughter of Louis (in the shoe business) and Esther (Albert) Hoffenberg; married James J. Regan (a lawyer), 1936 (divorced); married Abraham Ellstein (a composer and conductor; died, 1963). Addresses: HOME--55 E. Ninth Street, New York, NY 10003.
Regan told CTFT, "From 1928 to 1930, I designed hats and headdresses for Broadway shows. Among them were Dear Jane, and Alice in Wonderland."
- NEW YORK STAGE DEBUT--Roumanian girl, We Americans, 1927-28.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Elizabeth, Waltz of the Dogs, Broadway, 1928.
- Marjorie, Poppa, Broadway, 1929.
- Mexican mother, Night Over Taos, Broadway, 1931.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Roumanian girl, We Americans, U.S. cities, 1927-28.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Morningstar, Longacre, NY, 1940, then Embassy, London, 1951, under new title, The Golden Door.
- Great to Be Alive, Winter Garden, NY, 1951.
- The Fifth Season, Cort, NY, 1953-55, then Cambridge Theater, London, 1954.
- The Golem (with Abraham Ellstein), New York City Opera, 1961-62.
- Zelda, Barrymore, NY, 1969.
Other articles you might like: