Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Denise Bessette Biography (1954-)
Born August 25, 1954, in Midland, MI; daughter of A. Raymond (chair of a chemical corporation) and Doris Anne (maiden name, Brodeur) Bessette; married Paul John Schneeberger (a stage manager and director), September 4, 1982. Addresses: Agent: The Sanders Agency, 8831 Sunset Blvd., Suite 304, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
Earlier in CTFT, Bessette indicated that she has traveled extensivelyin the United States and Europe and is "very concerned about world peace andthe condition of the world into which we are introducing the next generation."
- Birth Details
- August 25, 1954
- Midland, Michigan, United States
- Adela, The House of Bernarda Alba, Royal Academy of Dramatic Art,London, England, 1975
- Louise, The Runner Stumbles, Cohoes Music Hall, Cohoes, NY, 1978
- Nancy, Angel Street, Cohoes Music Hall, 1978
- Amy, Charley's Aunt, Meadowbrook Theatre, Rochester, MI, 1979
- Juliet, Romeo and Juliet, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ, 1980
- Dorine, Tartuffe, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, 1980
- Hermia, A Midsummer Night's Dream, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, 1980
- Cecily, The Importance of Being Earnest, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, 1980
- Cecily, Travesties, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, 1980
- Actress number three, The Dining Room, Huntington Theatre, Boston,MA, 1982
- Helen Keller, Monday after the Miracle, Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1984
The Importance of Being Earnest, GeVa Theatre, Rochester, NY, 1985-86
- Dunyasha, Fathers and Sons, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1987-88
- Rose Weiss, A Shayna Maidel, Delaware Theatre Company, Wilmington,DE, 1990-91
- Also appeared as Little Miss, La Ronde, Spectrum Theatre, New YorkCity; Margery Pinchwife, The Country Wife, Royal Academy of DramaticArt; Amy, The Show-off, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL; Hermia, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL; Muriel,Ah! Wilderness, GeVa Theatre; Lady Anne, Richard III, AmericanShakespeare Theatre, Stratford, CT, and John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC; Grazielle, At 50, She Discovered the Sea,New Play Festival, Peoples Light and Theatre Co., Malvern, PA; Delilah, The War Brides, New Play Festival, Peoples Light and Theatre Co., Malvern,PA; Ellen Terry, Freshwater, Gene Frankel Theatre, New York City; Natasha, War and Peace, Symphony Space, then New School for Social Research, and the United Nations, all New York City; Lady Agatha, The Admirable Crichton, Spectrum Theatre; Nantelle, Glory Hallelujah!, Vandam, New York City; Ruthie, The Desk Set, Equity Library Theatre, New York City; member of the ensemble, The Tattler, New Dramatists Theatre, New York City; Jan, The Art of Self-Defense, Manhattan Punch Line One-Acts,New York City.
- Sophia, Agent on Ice, Shapiro, 1985
- Jim's wife, Payback, Trimark Pictures, 1995
- Cocktail waitress, Sour Grapes, Columbia Pictures, 1998
- Also appeared as Sylvia Matera, And Then You Die, Louis and ClarkProductions.
Murder between Friends, 1994
- Mrs. Kramer, Home Invasion, NBC, 1997
- Petite woman, "The Homecoming Queen," Dream On, HBO, 1994
- Therapist, Seinfeld, NBC, 1996
- Mrs. Kendrick, "Fools for Love," Law & Order, NBC, 2000
Other articles you might like: