Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Daniel J. Travanti to Dick Vitale
Garry Trudeau Biography (1948-)
Full name, Garretson Beekman Trudeau; born in 1948 in New York, NY; married Jane Pauley (a television journalist), June 14, 1980; children: Rachel, Richard. Addresses: OFFICE--Universal Press Syndicate, 4400 Johnson Drive, Fairway, KS 66205.
- Birth Details
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Specials: Director and producer (with John Hubley and Faith Hubley), A Doonesbury Special (animated), NBC, 1977.
- (Book and lyrics) Doonesbury, Biltmore Theatre, New York City, 1983, thenU.S. cities, 1984, published by Holt, 1984.
- (lyrics) Rap Master Ronnie, Village Gate Theatre Upstairs, New York City,1984, published by Lord John, 1986.
- Tanner '88: The Dark Horse, HBO, 1988.
- A Doonesbury Special (animated), NBC, 1977.
- Doonesbury, American Heritage Press, 1971.
- Still a Few Bugs in the System, Holt, 1972 (sections published as Even Revolutionaries Like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Just a French Major from the Bronx, both Popular Library, 1974).
- The President Is a Lot Smarter Than You Think, Holt, 1973.
- But This War Had Such Promise, Holt, 1973 (sections published as Bravo for Life's Little Ironies, Popular Library, 1975).
- Doonesbury: The Original Yale Cartoons, Sheed, 1973.
- Call Me When You Find America, Holt, 1973.
- (with Nicholas von Hoffman) The Fireside Watergate, Sheed, 1973.
- Joanie, Sheed, 1974.
- Don't Ever Change, Boopsie, Popular Library, 1974.
- Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!, Holt, 1974.
- The Doonesbury Chronicles, Holt, 1975.
- Dare to Be Great, Ms. Caucus, Holt, 1975.
- What Do We Have for the Witnesses, Johnnie?, Holt, 1975.
- We'll Take It from Here, Sarge, Sheed, 1975.
- I Have No Son, Popular Library, 1975.
- Wouldn't a Gremlin Have Been More Sensible?, Holt, 1975.
- (with von Hoffman) Tales from the Margaret Mead Taproom: The Compleat Gonzo Governorship of Doonesbury's Uncle Duke, Sheed, 1976.
- "Speaking of Inalienable Rights, Amy ...", Holt, 1976.
- You're Never Too Old for Nuts and Berries, Holt, 1976.
- An Especially Tricky People, Holt, 1977.
- (with David Levinthal) Hitler Moves East: A Graphic Chronicle, 1941- 43,Sheed, 1977.
- As the Kid Goes for Broke, Holt, 1977.
- Stalking the Perfect Tan, Holt, 1978.
- Doonesbury's Greatest Hits, Holt, 1978.
- Any Grooming Hints for Your Fans, Rollie?, Holt, 1978.
- We're Not Out of the Woods Yet, Holt, 1979.
- But the Pension Fund Was Just Sitting There, Holt, 1979.
- And That's My Final Offer!, Holt, 1980.
- A Tad Overweight, but Violet Eyes to Die For, Holt, 1980.
- Guess Who, Fish-Face!, Fawcett, 1981.
- (with von Hoffman) The People's Doonesbury: Notes from Underfoot, Holt, 1981.
- In Search of Reagan's Brain, Holt, 1981.
- He's Never Heard of You, Either, Holt, 1981.
- Do All Birders Have Bedroom Eyes, Dear?, Fawcett, 1981.
- Ask for May, Settle for June, Holt, 1982.
- Gotta Run, My Government Is Collapsing, Fawcett, 1982.
- Unfortunately She Was Also Wired for Sound, Holt, 1982.
- We Who Are About to Fry, Salute You: Selected Cartoons from "In Search ofReagan's Brain," Volume I, Fawcett, 1982.
- Is This Your First Purge, Miss?: Selected Cartoons from "In Search of Reagan's Brain," Volume II, Fawcett, 1982.
- You Give Great Meeting, Sid, Holt, 1983.
- The Wreck of the Rusty Nail, Holt, 1983.
- It's Supposed to Be Yellow, Pinhead: Selected Cartoons from "Ask for May,Settle for June," Volume I, Fawcett, 1983.
- The Thrill Is Gone, Bernie, Fawcett, 1983.
- Sir, I'm Worried about Your Mood Swings, Fawcett, 1984.
- Confirmed Bachelors Are Just So Fascinating, Fawcett, 1984.
- Dressed for Failure, I See, Fawcett, 1984.
- That's Doctor Sinatra, You Little Bimbo!, Holt, 1986.
- (with others) Comic Relief: Drawings from the Cartoonists' Thanksgiving Day Hunger Project, Holt, 1986.
- Death of a Party Animal, Holt, 1986.
- Calling Dr. Whoopee, Holt, 1987.
- Downtown Doonesbury, Holt, 1987.
- Doonesbury Deluxe: Selected Glances Askance, Holt, 1987.
- We're Eating More Beets!, Holt, 1988.
- Talking about My G-G-Generation, Holt, 1988.
- Also Doonesbury Dossier: The Reagan Years, Holt; and Check Your Egos at the Door, Holt.