Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Sheila Reid Biography ((?)-)
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Mavis Price, The Gentle Avalanche, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1963.
- Lucienne, Ruling the Roost, Philotis, 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, Sonya, TheWood Demon, and Regan, King Lear, all Actors' Company, Wimbledon Theatre, London, 1974.
- chorus leader, "The Bacchae," and cow and shadow play puppeteer, "The Bean Stalk," in The Bacchae and the Bean Stalk (double-bill), Emily, The Last Romantic, La Carlotta, The Phantom of the Opera, and Elmire, Tartuffe, all Actors' Company, Wimbledon Theatre, 1975.
- Widow Leocadia Begbick, A Man's a Man, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1975.
- Gladys, If You're Glad, I'll Be Frank, and Mrs. Drudge, The Real Inspector Hound, both Young Vic Theatre, London, 1977.
- Smidge, Cousin Vladimir, and Olivia Alston, Saratoga, both Royal Shakespeare Company, Aldwych Theatre, London, 1978.
- Also appeared as Natasha, The Three Sisters, Mrs. Elvsted, Hedda Gabler,Dorinda, The Beaux' Stratagem, Bianca, Othello, and Mrs.
- Fainall, The Way of the World, all National Theatre Company, London; in Wakefield Mystery Plays, Eastward Ho!, and The Bed Bug, all Mermaid Theatre, London; Sonya, Uncle Vanya, Welsh National Theatre Company, Wales; as Flo Bates, Half a Sixpence.
- with the Bristol Old Vic Company, Bristol, U.K; and in repertory in Colchester, U.K., Perth, U.K., and Farnham, U.K.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Nurse, Romeo and Juliet, British Council, Far Eastern cities, 1963.
- Also as Pamela, Five Finger Exercise, U.K. cities.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Bianca, Othello, Warner Brothers, 1965.
- Sara Kovac, The Touch (also known as Be Roringen), Cinerama, 1971.
- June, I Want What I Want, Cinerama, 1972.
- Dr. Mary Herrick, Z.P.G. (also known as Zero Population Growth), Paramount, 1972.
- Natasha, The Three Sisters, American Film Theatre, 1974.
- "Mother," Big Wheels and Sailor, Jeni Cole and Associates/Children's FilmFoundation, 1979.
- Florrie, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, Charisma, 1980.
- Gillian Pierce, Five Days One Summer, Warner Brothers, 1982.
- Lydia Gibson, The Dresser, Columbia, 1983.
- Mrs. Buttle, Brazil, Universal, 1985.
- Miss Friel, The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne, Island, 1987.
- Doris, The Raggedy Rawney (also known as The Rawney), Island/Handmade, 1988.
- Also appeared in Vroom, Film Four International, 1988.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Jenny, Moll Flanders, BBC,1975, then PBS, 1980.
Other articles you might like: