Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Wynn Handman Biography (1922-)
Born May 19, 1922; son of Nathan and Anna Handman. Addresses: OFFICE--American Place Theatre, 111 W. 46th Street, New York, NY 10019.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Producer and artistic director at the American Place Theatre, New York City: The Old Glory, My Kinsman Major Molineaux Benito Cereno, all 1964.
- Harry, Noon and Night, Hogan's Goat, both 1965.
- Jonah, The Journey of the Fifth Horse, Who's Got His Own, The Displaced Person, all 1966.
- La Turista, Posterity for Sale, Father Uxbridge Wants to Marry, The Ceremony of Innocence, all 1967.
- The Electronic Nigger and Others (three plays entitled "A Son Come Home,""The Electronic Nigger," and "Clara's Ole Man"), Endicott and the Red Cross,The Cannibals, The Acquisition (three plays entitled "Trainer," "Dean," and"Liepolt and Company"), This Bird of Dawning Singeth All Night Long, The Young Master Dante, all 1968.
- Boy on the Straight Back Chair, Papp, Mercy Street, all 1969.
- Continuing at the American Place Theatre: Five on the Black Hand Side, Two Times Two (two plays entitled "The Last Straw" and "Duet for Solo Voice"),The Pig Pen, Sunday Dinner, The Carpenters, all 1970.
- Pinkville, Black Bog Beast Bait, Fingernails Blue as Flowers, Lake of theWoods, all 1971.
- The Chickencoop Chinaman, The Kid, The Little Theater of the Dear, all 1972.
- Freeman, The Karl Marx Play, Baba Goya, all 1973.
- Bread, A Festival of Short Plays (including "Shearwater," "Cream Cheese,""Dr. Kheal," and "Love Scene"), The Year of the Dragon, The Beauty Part, AtSea with Benchley, Kalmar and Ruby, all 1974.
- Killer's Head, Action, Rubbers, Yanks 3 Detroit 0 Top of the Seventh, Gorky, all 1975.
- Every Night When the Sun Goes Down, The Old Glory, Rehearsal, Comanche Cafe/Domino Courts, all 1976.
- Isadora Duncan Sleeps with the Russian Navy, Hold Me!, Cold Storage, Cockfight, Passing Game, all 1977.
- Fefu and Her Friends, Conjuring an Event, Touching Bottom, all 1978.
- Seduced, Tunnel Fever, Letters Home, Smart Aleck, all 1979.
- At the American Place Theatre: Paris Lights, SIM, or One Night with a Lonely Undertaker from Texas, Killings on the Last Line, The Impossible H.L. Mencken, After the Revolution, all 1980.
- Memory of Whiteness, Still Life, The Amazin' Casey Stengel, The Fuehrer Bunker, Grace, Behind the Broken Words, all 1981.
- Lydie Breeze, The Death of a Miner, The Brothers, Twelfth Night, The Country Wife, The Regard of Flight, A Crowd of Two, The Stage That Walks, Do LordRemember Me, all 1982.
- Little Victories, Buck, Pericles, Tartuffe, Play and Other Plays, The Cradle Will Rock, Heart of a Dog, Territorial Rites, Great Days, The Vi-Ton-Ka Medicine Show, all 1983.
- Breakfast Conversations in Miami, repeat performance of Do Lord RememberMe, A...My Name Is Alice, The Danube, Festival of One-Act Plays, To Heaven ina Swing, Pay Attention, Terra Nova, What's a Nice Country Like You Still Doing in a Place Like This?, all 1984.
- Four Corners, Rude Times, Paducah, Jubilee!, all 1985.
- Directed The Power of Darkness, York Theatre, New York City, 1959.
Other articles you might like: