Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Al Kasha Biography (1937-)
Born January 22, 1937, in Brooklyn, NY; son of Irving and Rose M. Kasha; married June 30, 1968, wife's name Ceil; children: Dana. Addresses: Contact--(attorney) Andy Rigrod, 10960 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1225, Los Angeles, CA90028.
- Birth Details
- January 22, 1937
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- FILM MUSIC SUPERVISOR/SOUNDTRACK PRODUCER; WITH HIRSCHHORN Who Killed Teddy Bear?, Magna, 1965.
- The Grasshopper, National General Pictures, 1970.
- Pete's Dragon (also see below), Disney, 1976.
- (And associate producer), Take This Job and Shove It, Cinema Group, 1981.
- Also music supervisor/soundtrack producer with Hirschhorn of films The Todd Killings, 1971; The Diamond Mercenaries, 1975; and Lovelines, 1984. Also music supervisor/soundtrack producer of Tomboy, 1985; The Giant of Thunder Mountain, 1992; Killer Force; and The Dream Chasers.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK
- (Producer) Charles Dickens' David Copperfield (animated musical), NBC, 1993.
Credits; STAGE WORK
- (Producer and director) Can Can, by Cole Porter, first produced at the Tropicana, Atlantic City, NJ, 1981.
- (Producer and director) Let the Good Times Roll, first produced in Las Vegas, NV, 1982.
- FILM MUSIC,WITH HIRSCHHORN (And with Hans Hunter) Fat Spy, Magna, 1966.
- "Rolling Stone," "One Dream," The Cheyenne Social Club, National General,1970.
- "The Morning After," The Poseidon Adventure, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1972.
- "We May Never Love Like This Again," The Towering Inferno, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1974.
- Pete's Dragon, Disney, 1976.
- "I'd Like to Be You for a Day," Freaky Friday, Disney, 1976.
- The Closer, Ion Pictures, 1990.
- (And with David Waters) Rescue Me, Cannon Pictures, 1993.
- Also wrote music with Hirschhorn for films Hot Lead and Cold Feet, 1978;The North Avenue Irregulars, 1979; Dangerous Curves, 1988; and China Cry, 1990. Also wrote music for All Dogs Go to Heaven; Huck's Landing; Prime Time; The April Fools; Speedway; and Ten Little Indians.
- TELEVISION MUSIC,WITH HIRSCHHORN; SERIES Kids Incorporated, Disney Channel, 1985.
- First & Ten, HBO, 1985.
- Getting in Touch, syndicated, 1987.
- Dick Clark's Golden Greats, syndicated, 1988.
- Morton's by the Bay, NBC, 1989.
- The Challengers, syndicated, 1990.
- Also wrote music with Hirschhorn for television series The New Mickey Mouse Club, 1977; The Joyce Jillson Show, 1978; and Joanie Loves Chachi, 1982. Also wrote music for television series Knots Landing, 1979, and lyrics for theme song "Side by Side," Three's a Crowd, 1984.
- TELEVISION MUSIC,WITH HIRSCHHORN; SPECIALS Goodbye Charlie, ABC, 1985.
- Ultimate Stuntman: A Tribute to Dar Robinson, ABC, 1987.
- Kingdom Chums: The Original Top Ten (animated), ABC, 1989.
- Caddie Woodlawn, PBS, 1990.
- A Precious Moments Christmas (animated), NBC, 1991.
- Taco Bell Presents the USA Music Challenge, ABC, 1992.
- The Magic Paintbrush, CBS, 1993.
- Taco Bell Presents: Battle of the Bands '93, ABC, 1993.
- Also wrote music with Hirschhorn for television specials Another April, 1974; The Girl who Couldn't Lose, 1975; Rosenthal and Jones, 1975; Sergeant T.K. Yu, 1979; and Two Guys from Muck, 1982.
- TELEVISION MUSIC,WITH HIRSCHHORN; MOVIES Trapped beneath the Sea, ABC, 1974.
- Someone I Touched, Charles Fries/Stonehenge, 1975.
- Also wrote music for television movies The Runaway Barge, 1975, Having Babies, 1976, and others.
- STAGE MUSIC,WITH HIRSCHHORN Toller Cranston's The Ice Show, Palace Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Copperfield, ANTA Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Fox Theatre, San Diego, CA, 1981, AlvinTheatre, New York City, 1983.
- Also composed music for Folies Bergere and Charles Aznavour's One-Man Show.
Writings;OTHER; WITH HIRSCHHORN
- (If They Ask You) You Can Write a Song, Simon & Schuster Trade, 1979.
- Notes on Broadway: Conversations with the Great Songwriters, ContemporaryBooks, 1985, published as Notes on Broadway: Intimate Conversations with Broadway's Greatest Songwriters, Simon & Schuster, 1987.
- Reaching the Morning After, Nelson, 1986.
Other articles you might like: