Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Alan Rafkin Biography (1928-2001)
Born July 23, 1928, in New York, NY; son of Victor and Til (Bernstein) Rafkin; children: Dru, Leigh Ann. Addresses: Office--Grey Entertainment, 9150 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
- Birth Details
- July 23, 1928
- New York, New York, United States
- Death Details
- August 6, 2001
- Los Angeles, California
Credits; Television Work; Series
- Director and producer, The Super, ABC, 1972.
- Director, Laverne and Shirley, ABC, 1977-83.
- Director and producer, We Got It Made, NBC, 1983-84, then syndicated, 1987-88.
- Director and producer, Charlie and Co., CBS, 1985-86.
- Director, It's Garry Shandling's Show (also known as The Garry ShandlingShow), Showtime, 1986-90, and Fox, 1988-90.
- Director, Coach, ABC, 1989-95.
Credits; Television Director; Movies
- Let's Switch, 1975.
- (With others) Glitter, ABC, 1984.
Credits; Television Director; Episodic
- The Andy Griffith Show, CBS, 1960.
- The Verdict Is Yours, CBS, 1960.
- I Dream of Jeannie, NBC, 1965.
- That Girl, ABC, 1966.
- The Courtship of Eddie's Father, ABC, 1969.
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show, CBS, 1970.
- Love, American Style, ABC, 1970.
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show, CBS, 1971.
- Love, American Style, ABC, 1971.
- Sanford and Son, NBC, 1972.
- The Bob Newhart Show, CBS, 1972.
- The Bob Newhart Show, CBS, 1973.
- Rhoda, CBS, 1973.
- What's Happening, ABC, 1976.
- M*A*S*H, CBS, 1976.
- M*A*S*H, CBS, 1977.
- A Year at the Top, CBS, 1977.
- The Love Boat, ABC, 1977.
- "Barbara's Crisis," One Day at a Time, CBS, 1981.
- Charles in Charge, CBS, 1984.
- Chicken Soup, ABC, 1989.
- A Family for Joe, NBC, 1990.
- The Boys, CBS, 1993.
- Murphy Brown, CBS, 1993.
- Murphy Brown, CBS, 1994.
- The Jeff Foxworthy Show (also known as Somewhere in America), ABC, 1995.
- Hope and Gloria, NBC, 1995.
- Veronica's Closet, NBC, 1997.
- Suddenly Susan, NBC, 1997.
- Chicago Sons (also known as Outside Cicero), NBC, 1997.
- Also directed episodes of Alice, CBS.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Ancient man, Coach, ABC, 1994.
- Also appeared in other shows, including The Robert Q. Lewis Show, CBS.
Credits; Television Director; Specials
- "Puppetman," CBS Summer Playhouse, CBS, 1987.
- Ghost Writer (also known as Haunted House), Fox, 1990.
- Coach Retrospective: Mary Hart Goes One-on-One with Coach, ABC, 1994.
Credits; Film Director
- Ski Party, American International Pictures, 1965.
- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (also known as Running Scared), Universal, 1966.
- The Ride to Hangman's Tree, Universal, 1967.
- Nobody's Perfect (also known as Winning Position), Universal, 1968.
- The Shakiest Gun in the West, Universal, 1968.
- Angel in My Pocket, Universal, 1969.
- How to Frame a Figg, Universal, 1971.
Other articles you might like: