James C. Carver Biography (1932-)
Born January 30, 1932, in Kalamazoo, MI; son of Norman F. (a theatre manager)and Helen Louise (an actress; maiden name, Blackaller) Carver; married NancyOrgan (a teacher), March 5, 1955; children: Scott, Stephen. Addresses: HOME--5624 Lovers Lane, Kalamazoo, MI 49002. OFFICE--329 S. Park Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. AGENT--Jo Hickey, Abbey's People, 115 Wanondoger Court, Battle Creek, MI, 49017.
"My grandparents and my parents were professional theatre people and my son,Stephen, is an actor," James Carver informed CTFT. He went on to say that hehad "judged theatre festivals and conducted festivals and theatre workshops throughout the United States. I have represented the U.S. at International Amateur Theatre Association Congresses in Bulgaria in 1979, and Monaco in 1981."Carver is vice president of the "Save our Roadside Environment" group.
- Birth Details
- January 30, 1932
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Appeared in children's theatre production as a child.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Has appeared in such roles as Harold Hill, The Music Man, title role, Macbeth, Pseudolus, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Foxwell Sly,Sly Fox, Martin Dysart, Equus, and more than seventy others.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Has directed more than one hundred productions, including Fools.