Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gabrielle Fitzpatrick to Christopher Fulford
Keith Fowler Biography (1939-)
Born February 23, 1939, in San Francisco, CA; son of Jack Franklin (an engineer) and Jaquelin Dorothy (Montgomery) Fowler; married Janet Bell (divorced);children: Jeremy Cay, Matthew Bell. Addresses: OFFICE--School of FineArts, University of California, Irvine, CA 92717.
Keith Fowler told CTFT that he has "studied German and travels frequently toGermany and Austria." He is also involved in research in hypnotic performancetrance funded by university grants.
- Birth Details
- February 23, 1939
- San Francisco, California, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Cottage Cheese, A Dairy Pageant, St. Vincent De Paul School,CA, 1944.
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--The father, Camille, New York Theatre Ensemble, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Mark Antony, Julius Caesar, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, 1960.
- at the Virginia Museum Theatre, 1969-1976: Brutus, Julius Caesar, title role, Uncle Vanya, narrator and Fred, A Christmas Carol, Aston, The Caretaker,Teddy, The Homecoming, Roger Casement, The Royal Rape of Ruri McCasmonde, title role, Hamlet, Stage Manager, Our Town.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Hamlet, San Francisco Shakespeare Festival, 1962.
- Macbeth, Festival Theatre, El Paso, TX, 1964.
- At the Virginia Museum Theatre, produced and directed: Marat/Sade, The Great Divide, A Taste of Honey, and HMS Pinafore, all 1969, Threepenny Opera and Once in a Lifetime, 1970, The Homecoming, America Hurrah, and Summertree, all 1971, Twelfth Night andA Christmas Carol, 1972, Indians, The Taming of theShrew,A Christmas Panto, and Macbeth, all 1973, Cyrano de Bergerac and The Sorrows of Fredrick the Great, 1974, The Country Wife, Our Father (also at theManhattan Theatre Club), Guys and Dolls, and Children, all 1975, Childe Byron, 1976.
- Also directed: Scenes from American Life, Temple University, 1976; Othello, Ashes of Soldiers, El Grande de Coca Cola, and A Christmas Carol, all withthe American Revels Company, Richmond, VA; staged reading, Tales from the Vienna Woods, Yale Repertory Theatre; Volpone, Wayside Theatre, Middletown, VA.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED Adaptation of A Christmas Carol, Virginia Museum Theatre,1972.
Other articles you might like: