Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Lynn Milgrim to Rob Morrow
Arthur Mitchell Biography (1934-)
Born March 27, 1934, in New York City; son of Arthur and Willie Mae Mitchell.Addresses: Office--Dance Theatre of Harlem, 466 West 152nd St., New York, NY 10031.
- Birth Details
- March 27, 1934
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Carole Shelley, Noel Coward's Sweet Potato, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, NewYork City, 1968.
- Appeared in the ballets Kiss Me Kate, Orpheus, Carmen Jones, Allegro, Creation of the World, Episodes, and House of Flowers.
Credits; STAGE WORK
- Choreographer of Shinbone Alley.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Showcorporation, 1966.
Credits; FILM WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- The Day the Fish Came Out, International Classics, 1967.
- (With Michael Smuin, Henry LeTang, Gregory Hines, and others) The CottonClub, Orion, 1984.
- Choreographer for A Piece of the Action, 1977.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SPECIALS
- The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts, CBS, 1988.
- Peter Jennings Reporting: From the Heart of Harlem, ABC, 1991.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; SPECIALS
- Executive producer, Creole Giselle, NBC, 1987.
- Choreographer for the specials Dance Theatre of Harlem, 1977, and Motown30: What's Goin' On?, 1990.
Credits; OTHER TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Appeared in A Streetcar Named Desire, PBS, and Songs of Mahler, BBC.