Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Keith Johnstone Biography ((?)-)
Born in Brixham, Devon, England; son of Richard Donald and Linda Georgina (Carter) Johnstone; married; wife's name, Ingrid (divorced); children: BenjaminAlexander. Addresses: Office--Department of Drama, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada.
- STAGE DIRECTOR,EXCEPT AS INDICATED Even Plus, London, 1960.
- The Maimed, London, 1960.
- The Triple Alliance, London, 1961.
- Sacred Cow, London, 1962.
- Day of the Prince, London, 1962.
- The Pope's Wedding, London, 1962.
- (With Anne Jellicoe) The Knack, London, 1962.
- Edgeware Road Blues, London, 1963.
- The Cresta Run, London, 1965.
- The Performing Giant (music by Marc Wilkinson; also see below), Royal Court Theatre, London, 1966.
- Co-director, Defeat of Giant Big Nose (also see below), produced on tourin Wales, 1966.
- Wakefield Mystery Cycle (also see below), Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 1968.
- Der Fisch (also see below), Tuebingen, West Germany, 1971.
- Waiting for Godot, Alberta, Canada, 1972.
- Brixham Regatta, and For Children, produced at Royal Court Theatre, London, 1958.
- Gloomy Go Round, produced in London, 1959.
- Philoctetes (adaptation of the play by Socrates), produced in London, 1964.
- Clowning, produced at Royal Court Theatre, London, 1965.
- The Performing Giant (music by Marc Wilkinson), produced at Royal Court Theatre, London, 1966.
- Defeat of Giant Big Nose, produced on tour in Wales, 1966.
- Instant Theatre, produced in London, 1966.
- Caught in the Act, produced in London, 1966.
- The Time Machine, produced in London, 1967.
- The Martians, produced in London, 1967.
- Moby Dick: A Sir and Perkins Story, produced in London, 1967.
- Wakefield Mystery Cycle, produced in Victoria, BC, 1968.
- Der Fisch, produced in Tuebingen, West Germany, 1971.
- The Last Bird, produced in Aarhus, Denmark, 1973, published by Playwrights Canada, 1981.
- Shot by an Elk, produced in Kingston, Ontario, 1974.
- Robinson Crusoe, produced in Calgary, Alberta, 1976.
- Hamlet as Theatresports (and) Mindswop (and) The Cord, produced at City Theatre, Stockholm, 1985.
- Also author of The Nigger Hunt, 1959, Live Snakes and Ladders, 1978, TheyCome by Night, 1985, Mutiny on the Bounty, 1985, The Secret Life of Dr. Watson, 1986, Faust's Angel, 1986, Home, and The Loose Moose Hamlet.
- Impro: Improvisation and the Theatre, Theatre Arts, 1979, revised edition, Methuen, 1981.
- Contributor to theater journals.
- Contemporary Dramatists, St. James, 1993.
Other articles you might like: