Marisa Silver Biography (1960-)
Born April 23, 1960, in Shaker Heights, OH; daughter of Raphael (a film producer) and Joan Micklin (a director) Silver; married Ken Kwapis (a director).
Silver's first film, Old Enough (produced by her sister, Dina) was made on abudget of just $400,000.
- Birth Details
- April 23, 1960
- Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States
- Credits; FILM WORK; DIRECTOR
- Old Enough (also see below), Orion Classics, 1984.
- Permanent Record, Paramount, 1988.
- Vital Signs, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1990.
- (With husband, Ken Kwapis), He Said, She Said, Paramount, 1991.
- Also directed short Dexter T. and edited documentary Light Coming Through: A Portrait of Maud Morgan while at Harvard University.
- Credits; TELEVISION WORK; EPISODIC
- Codirector, "A Community of Praise," Middletown, PBS, 1992.
- Old Enough (screenplay), Orion Classics, 1984.
- American Film, March, 1991, p. 56.
- Hollywood Reporter, March 11, 1991.
- Interview, March, 1991, p. 44.
- People Weekly, December 10, 1984, p. 163.
- Working Woman, August, 1984, p. 136.