Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Micha Bergese Biography (1945-)
Born Michael Bergese, February 19, 1945, in Munich, West Germany; son of Hans(a professor of music) and Brigitte (a movement teacher; maiden name, Fuchs)Bergese; married Rebecca Neil (a costume designer); children: Jocasta. Addresses: OFFICE--1/2 Alfred Place, London WC1, England. AGENT--Kate FeastManagement, 43A Princess Road, Regents Park, London NW1, England.
- Birth Details
- February 19, 1945
- Munich, West Germany
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- With the London Contemporary Dance Theatre, danced in the following productions between 1970-73: Stages, People Alone, Tiger Balm, Cold, Hunter of Angels, Changing Your Mind, and Diversion of Angels. Also danced with the LondonContemporary Dance Theatre, 1975-76.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- Workshops with the X Group of the London Contemporary Dance Theatre for the ICES Contemporary Music Festival, 1970-73.
- Hinterland, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1974.
- Da Capo Al Fine, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1976.
- El Amor Brujo, Cycles Dance Company, 1976.
- Nema and When Summer's Breath, both with the London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1977.
- Act of Waiting, Junction Dance Company, 1977.
- Box and Solo Ride, both with the London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1978.
- Changes, Ballet Rambert, 1979.
- Scene Shift, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1979.
- 18 Fifty-Nine Second Pieces and Underground, both with the Extemporary Dance Company, 1979.
- Some Dance and Some Duet, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, 1980.
- Chasing Rainbows, Manchester, U.K., 1980.
- Telos for deaf dancers in Stuttgart, Germany, 1980.
- Of Clocks and Clouds, video dance project, London School of ContemporaryDance, 1980.
- Ghost Dances, Mantis Dance Company, 1980.
- Undercurrents, Jazzart, Cape Town, South Africa, 1981.
- Social Life, East Anglian Dance Theatre, 1981.
- Encore, Jumpers Dance Company, 1981.
- Dots and Dashes, Mantis Dance Theatre, 1981.
- Transit Breakdown, solo work for Lise Ferner, 1982.
- Suite Italienne, City Contemporary Dance Company, Hong Kong, 1982.
- untitled piece for Hovik Ballet, Oslo, Norway, 1982.
- Pick Up, Mantis Dance Theatre, 1982.
- Crickets, Edinburgh Fringe Festival and ICA Theatre, London, 1983.
- Performing Clothes, ICA Theatre and Mantis Dance Theatre, 1983.
- Stage 7, Mantis Dance Theatre, 1983.
- Mouth of the Night, Mantis Dance Theatre, 1984.
- Faust, Mantis Dance Theatre, 1985.
- Also producer, Scenes from the Life of Beethoven, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- With the London Contemporary Dance Theatre, international tours 1975-76.
- Mantis Dance Theatre, international tours, 1980-85.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- The huntsman, The Company of Wolves, Cannon, 1985.
- Malinov, Zina, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Dancer, People Alone, BBC, 1973.
- Let's Dance, BBC, 1973.
- Kontakion, ITV, 1974.
- Playaway, BBC, 1974.
- Ballet Workshop, BBC, 1974.
- choreographer, Love of Three Oranges, BBC Opera production, 1979.
- performer and choreographer, "Signs," Riverside Show, BBC2, 1983.
- performer and choreographer of a four part series, Map of Dreams, Channel4-TV, London, 1986.
- "A Walk in the European Countryside," from Scenes from the Life of Beethoven, Channel 4-TV, London, 1986.
Other articles you might like: