Tony Clayton Biography (1935-)
Born March 2, 1935; son of Richard Joseph and Catherine (McLoughlin) Clayton;married Ann Hamilton (an actress); children: Michael Anthony. Addresses: HOME--Bennetts Mill Road, Buxhall near Stowmarket, Suffolk, England.; OFFICE--Key Theatre, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England.; AGENT--Eric Glass,Ltd., 28 Berkeley Square, London, WIX 6HD, England.
Tony Clayton told CTFT that his son is a sound engineer and has worked on productions of Cats, Song & Dance, Evita, and Starlight Express.
- Credits; FIRST STAGE WORK
- Assistant stage manager, Southport Repertory Company, U.K.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Company manager, Royal Shakespeare Company, Aldwych Theatre, also in LosAngeles, CA; general manager, Belgrade Theatre, Coventry, U.K.; director, Wyvern Theatre, Swindon, U.K.; director, Palace Theatre, West Cliff-on-Sea, Essex, U.K.; director, Key Theatre, Peterborough, U.K.
- Director of National British and international touring productions; producer and director, British national tour, Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Policy for Murder, British national tour.
- Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed?, British national tour.
- Murder Assured, British national tour, published by Samuel French, Ltd..
- (with Alison Sargent) It Sticks Out a Mile and a Bit! Has also written pantomimes and drama documentaries.