Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Endre Hules Biography ((?)-)
Original name, Endre Tamas Simon; born in Budapest, Hungary. Addresses: Agent: Joel Kleinman, Baier/Kleinman International, 3575 Cahuenga Blvd. West, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90068; (commercials) Sutton, Barth & Vennari, 145 South Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Actor, writer, director, producer, educator
- Acting teacher, The Waiter, Vance/Fellows Productions, 1993
- Cab driver, Se7en (also known as Seven), New Line Cinema, 1995
- Gunther Wendt, Apollo 13, MCA/Universal, 1995, released as Apollo 13: The IMAX Experience, IMAX, 2002
- Monsieur Thepot, The Craft, Columbia/TriStar, 1996
- Voice of first Russian general for dubbed version, Jing cha gu shi IV:Jian dan ren wu (also known as First Strike,
Jackie Chan's First Strike,
Police Story 4,
Police Story 4: First Strike,
Police Story 4: Piece of Cake,
Police Story 4: Story of the CIA,and Story of the CIA), New Line Cinema, 1996
- Head of Marty, 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag, Orion, 1997
- Older major, The Peacemaker, DreamWorks, 1997
- Acting teacher, The Extra (short film), Spectra Entertainment, 2000
The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (also known as Klumps,
Nutty Professor II, and Nutty II: The Klumps), DreamWorks, 2000
- German designer, Zoolander, Paramount, 2001
View from the Top (also known as A View from the Top), Miramax, 2003
Film Additional Voices and Automated Dialogue Replacement (ADR) Voices
Dances with Wolves, Orion, 1990
Problem Child, Universal, 1990
Dracula (also known as Bram Stoker's Dracula), Columbia, 1992
The Usual Suspects (also known as Die Ueblichen Verdaechtigen), Gramercy Pictures, 1995
Stigmata (also known as Toby's Story), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer,1999
I Spy (also known as I-Spy), Columbia, 2002
The In-Laws (also known as Till Death Do Us Part and EinUngleiches Paar), Warner Bros., 2003
The Last Samurai (also known as The Last Samurai: Bushidou), Warner Bros., 2003
X2 (also known as X-Men 2,
X-Men 2: X-Men United, and X2: X-Men United), Twentieth Century-Fox, 2003
Eurotrip (also known as The Ugly Americans), DreamWorks, 2004
- Other voice work for 15 Minutes and 13 Days. Director or producer of short films, including Danielle, American Film Institute, Instant Death, IDS Productions, and Long Walk into Forever, American Film Institute.
- Chernokov, Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family (alsoknown as Cover Me), USA Network, 2000-2001
- Also appeared in recurring roles in The Bold and the Beautiful (also known as Belleza y poder), CBS; and General Hospital, ABC.
- Russian Peter, My Antonia, USA Network, 1995
- Franz, Houdini, TNT, 1998
- Host, Devil in the Flesh (also known as Dearly Devoted), HBO, 1998
- Ivan Leszko, The Seventh Sense, Showtime, 1999
- Yuri, Babylon 5: A Call to Arms (also known as A Call to Arms), TNT, 1999
- Andor Harsanyi, "The Song of the Lark," Masterpiece Theatre, PBS,2000
Teacher's Pet (also known as Devil in the Flesh 2 and Lachair et le diable), Showtime, 2000
- "This Ain't Bebop," Imagining America, PBS, 1989
Wind in the Wire, ABC, 1993
- Younger male dinner guest, "China Men," China Beach, ABC, 1989
- Alex, "Shall We Gdansk?," Mancuso F.B.I., NBC, 1990
- "Conspiracy," Mancuso F.B.I., NBC, 1990
The Antagonists, CBS, 1991
- (As Endres Hules) Cab driver, "Too Little, Too Late/Paris 75001," Beverly Hills, 90210, Fox, 1992
- Immigrant, "Law of the Land," Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, CBS, 1993
- Owner, "Flirting with Disaster," Melrose Place, Fox, 1993
- Spy chief, "Simon's Choice," VR.5, Fox, 1995
- Sailor, "The Last Endless Summer," The Burning Zone, UPN, 1997
- Serge Otrasky, "Fatal Impact: Part 1," Diagnosis Murder, CBS, 1997
Playboy photographer, Buddy Faro, CBS, 1998
- Second Russian man, "Caroline and the Office," Caroline in the City (also known as Caroline), NBC, 1998
- "Code Name: Easy Green," Acapulco H.E.A.T., syndicated, 1998
- Pjotr, "Mora," The Others, NBC, 2000
- Sirhan Aziz, "Vision Quest," Walker, Texas Ranger, CBS, 2000
- Alexi Slakov, "Fools Russian," NYPD Blue, ABC, 2001
- Voice of newscaster, "All Work and No Play," The Wild Thornberrys(animated), Nickelodeon, 2001
- KGB officer, "The Gauntlet," The Agency, CBS, 2002
- Mr. Vashko, "Cipher," Alias, ABC, 2002
- Serge, "9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.," 24, Fox, 2002
- Serge, "11:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m." (also known as "11:00 p.m.-12:00 Midnight"), 24, Fox, 2002
- Russian crew member, "Roe to Perdition," Frasier, NBC, 2003
- Captain Dupres, "Mr. Monk and the Paperboy," Monk, USA Network, 2004
- Also appeared in episodes of Arli$$ (also known as The Art of aSports Agent), HBO; The Flannerys;
In Living Color, Fox; Mad TV, Fox; Robbery Homicide Division (also known as R.H.D./LA), CBS; and The Young and the Restless (also known as Y &R), CBS.
- Trotsky, Seven Days, UPN, 1998
- Voice work, Sniper 2, 2002
- Voice work, Gisela Perl (also known as Out of the Ashes), Showtime, 2003
- Director or producer of dramas for Hungarian television, including Life Is a Dream and Miracle!
- Appeared in productions of Hamlet and Julius Caesar, both Cellar Theatre, Budapest, Hungary; The Crucible and Life Is a Dream, both National Theatre, Hungary; The Emigrants, Galaxy Stage, LosAngeles; My Wife, HBO Workspace Theatre; and Dream Analysis, Los Angeles productions.
- Appeared in a national tour of The Liar, Hungarian cities.
- Guest director, Sleeptalk, New York University, New York City, 1982
- Guest director, The Imaginary Invalid, Smith College, 1983
- Director or producer of numerous stage productions in the United States,including Hedda Gabler,
In the Jungle of Cities,
A MidsummerNight's Dream,
Playboy of the Western World,
The Scoundrel, and The Trial, all Bard Theatre, Annandale-on-Hudson,NY; Dogg's Hamlet,
Mischief in the Woods, and The Party, all Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA; Dream Analysis,Los Angeles productions; The Emigrants, Galaxy Stage, Los Angeles; The Example of the Birds, The Troupe Theatre, New York City; In Perpetuity, River Arts, NY; Loot, Little Theatre, Pasadena, CA; Measure for Measure, World Shakespeare Congress, Los Angeles Theatre Center,Los Angeles; The Night of the Assassins, La MaMa Etc., New York City;Tales from the Vienna Woods, Sexton Hall, Pasadena, CA; and Troilusand Cressida, PAC Theatre Company, Los Angeles. Director or producer ofnumerous stage productions overseas, including Cabaret,
The Carnival of Parasites,
The Crucible, and Life Is a Dream, all National Theatre, Hungary; Chicago,
A Chorus Line,
L'etourdi, and The Scoundrel, all Odry Theatre, Budapest, Hungary; Budapest and Even Our Most Audacious Dreams..., both CellarTheatre, Budapest, Hungary; C.S.O.K.O.L.O.M., Biennale de Paris, Paris; Panopticum, Theatre 25, Budapest, Hungary; The Whole Town Is Theatre; and the national tour of The Liar, Hungarian cities.
- Voice of Claus Immerding, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within, SierraOnline, 1996
- Voice of Russian, SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALS, Sony Computer Entertainment America, 2003
- Author of scripts for Quarantine, Britalion; and for the short films Danielle, American Film Institute, Instant Death, IDS Productions, and Long Walk into Forever, American Film Institute. Translatorof scripts from Hungarian into English, including The Loves of ElisabethBathory, Atlantic Media; and The Sicilian Wedding, Tivoli Films.
- Writer for the Hungarian television series Eugenio Barba and the ThirdTheatre.
- Translator and adaptor, Sleeptalk, New York University, New York City, 1982
- Translator and adaptor of plays, including Budapest and Even Our Most Audacious Dreams..., both Cellar Theatre, Budapest, Hungary; Great Madness, Theatre 25, Budapest; and The Trial, Bard Theatre, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY. Translator of other plays into French and Hungarian and from other languages into English.
- Translator of novels from Hungarian into English, including Sicilian Wedding, Pro Litera; Sons of Abraham, Pro Litera; and Woman on the Frontline, Abamedia. Author of novels and short stories. Contributor of articles and reviews to periodicals.
Endre Hules Official Site, http://www.endrehules.com, April 12, 2004
Other articles you might like: