Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Louisa Burns-Bisogno to Jason Carter
Kitty Carlisle Biography (1914-)
Born Catherine Conn, September 3, 1914, in New Orleans, LA; daughter of Dr. Joseph and Hortense (Holzman) Conn; married Moss Hart (playwright, producer, and director), August 10, 1946 (died, 1961); children: Christopher, Catherine.Addresses: OFFICE--80 Centre Street, New York, NY 10013. AGENT--c/o Keedick Lecture Bureau, 850 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02167.
- Birth Details
- September 3, 1914
- New Orleans
- DEBUT--Title role, Rio Rita, tabloid version of show, Capitol Theatre, NY, 1932.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Prince Orlofsky, Champagne Sec, Morosco Theatre, NY 1933.
- Katarina, White Horse Inn, Center Theatre, NY, 1936.
- Marie Hiller, Charlotte, Franzi, Three Waltzes, Majestic Theatre, NY, 1937.
- Diana Lake, French without Tears and Karen Andre, Night of January 16th,Ridgeway Theatre, White Plains, NY, 1938.
- Pamela Gibson, Walk with Music, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, NY, 1940.
- Show Time, NY, 1942.
- Sonia, The Merry Widow, Boston Opera House, Boston, MA, 1943.
- Gilda, Design for Living, Cleveland, OH, 1943.
- Leonora, There's Always Juliet, Philadelphia, PA, 1944.
- Lucretia, The Rape of Lucretia, Ziegfeld Theatre, NY, 1948.
- Alice Walters, Anniversary Waltz, Broadhurst Theatre, NY, 1954.
- Katherine, Kiss Me Kate, New York City Center, NY, 1956.
- Prince Orlovsky, Die Fledermaus, Metropolitan Opera House, NY, 1966-67.
- Duchess of Krackenthorp, La Fille du Regiment, Boston Opera Company, Boston, MA, 1973.
- Prince Orlovsky, Die Fledermaus, Metropolitan Opera House (summer season)June, 1973.
- Peggy, On Your Toes, Virginia Theatre, NY, 1984.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- A Successful Calamity, summer tour, 1939.
- Tonight or Never, summer tour, 1939 and again in 1946.
- Maggie Cutler, The Man Who Came to Dinner, summer tour, 1949.
- Content Lowell, The Marriage-Go-Round, summer tour including Elitch Gardens, Denver, CO, 1965.
- Prince Orlovsky, Die Fledermaus, Metropolitan Opera tour, 1967.
- Irene Livingston, Light Up the Sky, national tour, 1970-71 and again 1972.
- Don't Frighten the Horses, summer tour, 1973.
- You Never Know, summer tour, 1975.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Murder at the Vanities, Paramount, 1934.
- Midge Mercer, She Loves Me Not, Paramount, 1934.
- Princess Alexandra, Here Is My Heart, Paramount, 1934.
- Rosa Carlotti, A Night at the Opera, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1935.
- Hollywood Canteen, Warner Brothers, 1945.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Game shows: Guest panelist, Who Said That?, NBC, 1948-55.
- panelist, I've Got a Secret, CBS, 1952-53.
- panelist, What's Going On? ABC, 1954.
- panelist, To Tell the Truth, CBS, 1956-1967.
Credits; CONCERT APPEARANCES
- With the Philadelphia Orchestra, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga, NY, 1967.
- Kurt Weill Memorial Concert, Philharmonic Hall, NY.
- "Kitty's Calendar," for Women's Unit News.
Other articles you might like: