Lynda Barry Biography (c. 1956-)
Full name, Lynda Jean Barry; born in 1956, in Richland Center, WI; mother's name, Pearl; married Gregory Lee Lester (a carpenter), September, 1986 (divorced).
- Birth Details
- c. 1956
- Richland Center, Wisconsin, United States
- Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Michelob Presents Sunday Night (also known as Michelob Presents Night Music), syndicated, 1988.
- Edge, PBS, 1991.
- Also appeared on Late Night with David Letterman.
- Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- "Only in America," American Pie, PBS, 1991.
- Credits; Television Work
- (With others) Animator, Michelob Presents Sunday Night (also known as Michelob Presents Night Music), syndicated, 1988.
- Credits; Film Appearances
- Appeared in Comic Book Confidential, 1988.
- Recorded The Lynda Barry Experience.
- Writings;Stage Plays
- The Last House, Pioneer Square Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1988.
- (With Arnold Aprill) The Good Times Are Killing Me (an adaptation of Barry's novel of the same name), City Lit Theatre Company, Live Bait Theatre, Chicago, IL, 1989, then Second Stage, New York City, 1991.
- Writings; Cartoon Collections
- Girls and Boys, Real Comet Press (Seattle, WA), 1981.
- Big Ideas, Real Comet Press, 1983.
- Naked Ladies! Naked Ladies! Naked Ladies!, Real Comet Press, 1984.
- Everything in the World, Perennial Library, 1986.
- The Fun House, Perennial Library, 1987.
- Down the Street, Perennial Library, 1988.
- Shake, Shake, Shake a Tail Feather, 1989.
- Come Over, Come Over, Harper Perennial, 1990.
- My Perfect Life, Harper Perennial, 1992.
- It's So Magic, Harper Perennial, 1994.
- Contributor of regular cartoon features to periodicals, including "Girlsand Boys," "Ernie Pook's Comeek," and "Modern Romance," for Esquire, 1984-89.Contributor of additional cartoons to periodicals, including New York Timesand Raw.
- Writings; Other
- The Good Times Are Killing Me (novel), Real Comet Press, 1988.
- Contributor of articles and book reviews to periodicals, including American Film, Life, Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, and New York Times. Contributor of short stories to periodicals.
- New York Times Magazine, November 27, 1988, pp. 44-45, 62-65.