William Hauptman Biography (1942-)
Born November 26, 1942, in Wichita Falls, TX; son of Herman Ray (a geologist)and Arlene (Vanderhook) Hauptman; married Marjorie Erdreich (an actress), June 22, 1984; children: Sarah Olivia. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Rick Leed,Agency for the Performing Arts, 888 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10106.
- Birth Details
- November 26, 1942
- Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
- Writings;PLAYS,PRODUCED AND PUBLISHED
- Shearwater, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1974, published in Performance magazine, 1974.
- Heat, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1975,published in Yale/Theatre magazine and by Samuel French, Inc.
- Domino Courts/Commanche Cafe, American Place Theatre, 1976, published inPerforming Arts Journal and Stanley Richards' Best Short Plays of 1977, alsoby Samuel French Inc.
- Durango Flash, Yale Repertory Theatre, 1977.
- Big River, American Repertory Theatre, 1984, La Jolla Playhouse, 1984, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, New York City, 1985--, published by Grove Press.
- Gillette, American Repertory Theatre, 1985, La Jolla Playhouse, 1986, published by Theatre Communications Group, Plays in Progress.
- In addition, numerous off-off Broadway and Equity-waiver showcases and regional productions by the Empty Space Theatre, Seattle, WA, St. Nicholas Theatre of Chicago, and theatres in Canada, England, and France.
- Denmark Vesey, PBS.
- Writings;SHORT STORIES
- Published in Playboy, Atlantic Monthly, and The Best American Short Stories of 1982.
- Contributor to the Atlantic Monthly.