Drury Pifer Biography ((?)-)
Born in Germiston, South Africa, of American parents; son of Drury A. (a mining engineer) and Patricia Jean (a social organizer; maiden name, Martinceuie)Pifer; wife's name, Ellen (an English professor); children: Kimberley, Rebecca. Addresses: HOME--1101 Blackshire Road, Wilmington, DE 19805. AGENT--Patricia MacNaughton, 200 Fulham Road, London SW10 9PN, England.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Bus Stop, Delaware Theatre Company, Wilmington, DE, 1981.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, Berkeley Stage Company, Berkeley, CA, 1971.
- The Fish, Magic Theatre, San Francisco, CA, 1971.
- Waiting for His Majesty and Baby, both Berkeley Stage Company, Berkeley,CA, 1974.
- Feuerbach's Wife, Berkeley Stage Company, 1975.
- Smack, Berkeley Stage Company, 1976.
- (with the actors of the Berkley Stage Company) Winterspace, Berkeley Stage Company, 1977.
- Pagano (staged reading), Delaware Theatre Company, Wilmington, DE, 1978.
- An Evening in Our Century, Berkeley Stage Company, then Budapest, Hungary, both 1981, published by Theatre Communications Group, and by West Coast Plays, both 1981.
- Russian Strip, Wilma Theatre, Philadelphia, PA, 1982.
- A Day at the Zoo, Young Vic Theatre, London, 1983, then Pelican Theatre,New York City, 1986.
- Pandora's Box, Cockpit Theatre, London, 1984.
- Circe and Swine, both Delaware Theatre Company, 1987.
- Writings;RADIO PLAYS
- Suspended, Pacifica Radio, 1972.
- Head, Pacifica Radio, 1973.
- Objay Dart for Judith, Pacifica Radio, 1977.
- Circle of Women (novel), Secker & Warburg, then Doubleday, both 1970.