Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Eugene McCabe Biography (1930-)
Born July 7, 1930, in Glasgow, Scotland; married Margot Bowen, 1955; children: one daughter, three sons.
- Birth Details
- July 7, 1930
- Glasgow, Scotland
- The King of the Castle, produced in Dublin, 1964, then New York City, 1978, published by Proscenium Press (Newark, DE), 1978.
- Pull Down a Horseman, produced in Dublin, 1966, published with Gale Day,Gallery Press (Dublin), 1979.
- Swift, Abbey Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1969.
- Victims (trilogy adapted from his own fiction; contains Cancer, Heritage,and Victims), televised, 1976, produced in Belfast, 1981, published by Mercier Press (Cork, Ireland), 1976.
- Gale Day, televised, 1979, produced in Dublin, 1979, published with PullDown a Horseman, Gallery Press, 1979.
- Cancer published by Proscenium Press, 1980.
- Other plays include Breakdown, produced in Dublin, 1966.
Writings; Television Plays
- Roma (based on his story), 1979, published by Turoe Press (Dublin), 1979.
- Author of A Matter of Conscience, 1962; Some Women on the Island, 1966; The Funeral, 1969; Music at Annahullion (based on his story), 1982; and (withPierre Lary) The Year of the French (based on the novel by Thomas Flanagan),1983.
- Victims: A Tale from Fermanagh (novel), Gollancz (London, England), 1976.
- Heritage and Other Stories (short stories), Gollancz, 1978.
- Cyril: The Quest of an Orphaned Squirrel (juvenile), O'Brien Press (Dublin), 1986.
- Author of the novel Death and Nightingales, 1992.